Search issue in editing interface

For the most part, the search feature in the editor allows us to find columns by the name or part of the name.  However, it doesn't always work as expected:

Screenshot 2024-09-15 at 18.15.22.png

I used the word "play" do search for an action that plays an mp3 (therefore named "Play") but for some reason "play" finds every column in my app.  The same is true for "Display":

Screenshot 2024-09-15 at 18.17.38.png

But "displayed" works:

Screenshot 2024-09-15 at 18.17.49.png

My question:  Have any of you noticed other words that cannot be used for searches?  I'd like to collect the issues here and then ask AppSheet to fix them, if possible.

PS This post is about the editing interface.  I think we used to have a label for that.  What happened to it?

1 2 52
2 REPLIES 2

@Kirk_Masden wrote:

My question:  Have any of you noticed other words that cannot be used for searches?  I'd like to collect the issues here and then ask AppSheet to fix them, if possible.

This is a bug, in my opinion, and should be reported to AppSheet Support.  The Search function is including informational  text from the Editor pages.  It should be searching only areas that App Creators have the ability to edit. 

Thanks.  I just reported this issue to support.

Top Labels in this Space