Access denied Billing

I have an organization and below it some projects that my users have created. I would like to know why I, as the organization administrator, do not have access to the Billing settings?

0 1 45
1 REPLY 1

Hello @alinecarvalho,

Thank you for contacting Google Cloud Community.

Please note that the Organization Admin is usually someone who manages access control, like an IT Administrator. The Organization Administrator Role allows you the access to manage IAM policies and view organization policies for organizations, folders, and projects.

The permissions included in the Organization Admin Role are:

essentialcontacts.*
iam.policybindings.*
orgpolicy.constraints.list
orgpolicy.policies.list
orgpolicy.policy.get
resourcemanager.folders.createPolicyBinding
resourcemanager.folders.deletePolicyBinding
resourcemanager.folders.get
resourcemanager.folders.getIamPolicy
resourcemanager.folders.list
resourcemanager.folders.searchPolicyBindings
resourcemanager.folders.setIamPolicy
resourcemanager.folders.updatePolicyBinding
resourcemanager.organizations.*
resourcemanager.projects.createPolicyBinding
resourcemanager.projects.deletePolicyBinding
resourcemanager.projects.get
resourcemanager.projects.getIamPolicy
resourcemanager.projects.list
resourcemanager.projects.searchPolicyBindings
resourcemanager.projects.setIamPolicy
resourcemanager.projects.updatePolicyBinding

which are not sufficient to access the billing settings. You require additional billing roles/permissions to access the billing settings, such as, 

1. Billing Account Administrator which provides access to see and manage all aspects of billing accounts.
  2. Billing Account Costs Manager which provides access to manage budgets for a billing account, and view, analyze, and export cost information of a billing account.
  3. Billing Account Creator which provides access to create billing accounts.
  4. Project Billing Manager, when granted in conjunction with the Billing Account User role, provides access to assign a project's billing account or disable its billing.
  5. Billing Account Userwhen granted in conjunction with the Project Owner role or Project Billing Manager role, provides access to associate projects with billing accounts.
  6. Billing Account Viewer which provides access to view billing account cost and pricing information, transactions, and billing and commitment recommendations.

Having said that it is intended behavior that you are unable to access the billing settings with the Organization Admin Role as it is not having required Billing Permissions to access the billing settings.

For more information regarding this, please refer to:

1. Organization Administrator
  2. Access control for Cloud Billing APIs

I hope the above information is helpful 🙂 

Thanks & Regards,
Manish Bavireddy.