0% found this document useful (0 votes)
31 views213 pages

实习生

The document discusses an elderly man who has recently retired and lost his wife. He feels lonely and unoccupied. He sees an advertisement seeking senior interns and decides to apply, hoping it will give him purpose and social interaction in his retirement.

Uploaded by

zhongharper
Copyright
© © All Rights Reserved
Available Formats
Download as DOCX, PDF, TXT or read online on Scribd
Download as docx, pdf, or txt
0% found this document useful (0 votes)
31 views213 pages

实习生

The document discusses an elderly man who has recently retired and lost his wife. He feels lonely and unoccupied. He sees an advertisement seeking senior interns and decides to apply, hoping it will give him purpose and social interaction in his retirement.

Uploaded by

zhongharper
Copyright
© © All Rights Reserved
Available Formats
Download as DOCX, PDF, TXT or read online on Scribd
Download as docx, pdf, or txt
Download as docx, pdf, or txt
You are on page 1/ 213

弗洛伊德说过 生命中唯一重要的事情

Freud said, "Love and work. Work and love.

是爱情和工作

"That's all there is."

我已退休 我妻子也已去世

Well, I'm retired, and my wife is dead.

正如你们能想到的 我手头有了些时间忙活

As you can imagine, that's given me some time on my hands.

我妻子已去世三年半

My wife's been gone for three and a half years.

我非常想念她 至于退休生活

I miss her in every way. And retirement?

我一直在不停地寻求新意

That is an ongoing, relentless effort in creativity.

我承认起初我喜欢这股新鲜劲

At first, I admit I enjoyed the novelty of it.

感觉有点像在旷工

Sort of felt like I was playing hooky.

我用尽了所有存着的里程数 环游了世界

I used all the miles I'd saved and traveled the globe.

问题是 无论我去了哪

The problem was, no matter where I went,


我一回到家 那种无处可去的感觉

as soon as I got home, the nowhere-to-be thing

让我深受打击

hit me like a ton of bricks.

我意识到这一切的关键是永不止步

I realized the key to this whole deal was to keep moving.

起身离家 去别的地方 随便哪里

Get up, get out of the house, and go somewhere. Anywhere.

无论雨晴 每天 7 点 15 分前 我就在星巴克了

Come rain or shine, I'm at my Starbucks by 7:15.

不好意思 介意我们同桌吗

Excuse me, mind if we join you here?

-不介意 -嘿 你好吗

-No. -Hey. How are you?

我没法解释

Can't explain it,

但这让我有存在感

but it makes me feel part of something.

今天这些人 他们不在意数字

These guys today, they're not numbers guys.

别和他们谈数字

Don't talk figures with them.


我要怎么度过我的余生

How do I spend the rest of my days?

打高尔夫 看书 看电影 玩纸牌

You name it. Golf, books, movies,

你们能想到的我都试过

pinochle.

还试过瑜伽 学过下厨

Tried yoga, learned to cook,

买♥♥过植物 上过中文课

bought some plants, took classes in Mandarin.

翻译下就是 相信我 我什么都试过了

Translation, "Believe me, I've tried everything."

然后 当然 还有葬礼

And then, of course, there are the funerals.

多得超乎想像

So many more than I could imagine.

近来我唯一的远行是外出去圣地亚哥

The only traveling I do these days is out to San Diego

拜访我儿子和他的家人

to visit my son and his family.

他们很棒 我爱死他们了

They're great. I love 'em to pieces.


但说实话 我想我大概是太过

But to be honest, I think I probably relied on them

依赖他们了

way more than I should.

别误会 我不是一个不快乐的人

Don't get me wrong, I'm not an unhappy person.

正相反

Quite the contrary.

我只是清楚我的人生有一个洞

I just know there's a hole in my life,

我得去填补它

and I need to fill it.

得尽快而为

Soon.

这使得我的眼角余光 在我今天离开超♥市♥时

Which brings me to today, when I was leaving the market

注意到了你们的宣传♥单♥

and caught your flyer out of the corner of my eye.

Hmm.

老年人士 当一名实习生吧

"Seniors, be an intern."
本我就知道是你 嗨

Ben, I thought that was you. Hi.

-嘿 -你发现什么了

-Hey. -What'd you find?

我想是一家互联动♥*♥态♥*♥网♥公♥司♥在招老年实习生

I think an Internet place is looking for senior interns.

-我没看错吧 -我看看

-Am I reading this right? -Let me see.

求职者需 65 岁以上

"Applicants must be over 65 years of age,

有组织能力

"have organizational skills,

对电子商务有浓厚兴趣 什么鬼

"a genuine interest in e-commerce, " whatever that is,

并且有充满干劲的态度

"and a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude."

合身动♥*♥态♥*♥网♥

Aboutthefit.com,

难不成是那家服装...

isn't that the outfit that was...

是的 是的 是的

Yeah, yeah, yeah.


他们在红钩区收♥购♥了一家旧工厂

They bought one of those old factories in Red Hook.

我女儿说他们在动♥*♥态♥*♥网♥上卖♥♥服装

My daughter says they sell clothes on the Internet.

不知道怎么办到的

How that works, I have no idea.

你得上传求职申请表

Well, you have to upload the application.

听下这个 这可能是个挑战

That could be challenging. Listen to this,

求职信太老套

"Cover letters are so old-fashioned.

用一段求职视频向我们展示你自己

"Show us who you are with a cover-letter video.

上传你的视频至 Youtube 或 Vimeo

"Upload your video to YouTube or Vimeo

用 mov avi 或 mpg 格式

"using .mov, .avi, or a .mpg file.

我们期待与您会面

"We look forward to meeting you."

我想这正合我意

Well, I guess that's meeting me.


我发誓我都不知道那说的是什么

I swear I don't even know what language that was.

今晚有什么打算 本

What are you doing tonight, Ben?

-吃冻千层面吗 -这个嘛...

-A frozen lasagna? -Well...

我能像上次也是唯一一次那样

I could make a little salad, turn it into a dinner for two,

做点沙拉 弄成两人份晚餐

like we did that time and never did again.

你知道那是五个多月前的事了吧

You know that was over five months ago?

是啊 我们当然得再吃一次

Oh, yeah. No, no, we gotta do that again, for sure,

但我们改天可以吗

but okay if we take a rain check?

你好可爱 你知道吗

You're awful cute, you know that?

没有

No, I didn't.

真的 你好可爱 那再见了

Well, it's true, you are. So I'll see you.


别太久 宝贝

Don't take too long, doll.

你不再年轻了哦

You're not getting any younger.

-我知道 -好的

-I know, I know, I know. -All right.

所以我在此

So here I am,

申请当你们的一名实习生

applying to be one of your interns

因为这个主意我越想

because the more I think about this idea,

就越觉得超赞

the more tremendous I think it is.

每天我有地方可去 我喜欢这个主意

I love the idea of having a place I can go every day.

我想和人联♥系♥ 想有激♥情♥

I want the connection, the excitement.

我想被挑战

I wanna be challenged,

我觉得我甚至可能想被人需要

and I guess I might even wanna be needed.


搞懂科技产品也许要点时间

The tech stuff might take a bit to figure out.

我不得不打电♥话♥给我的九岁孙子

I had to call my 9-year-old grandson

只为搞懂什么是通用串行总线连接器

just to find out what a USB connector was.

不过我会与时俱进 我渴望学习

But I'll get there. Eager to learn.

还有 我想让你们知道

Also, I want you to know

我这辈子都是一名以公♥司♥利益为重的人

I've been a company man all my life.

我忠诚 值得信赖 善于处理危机

I'm loyal, I'm trustworthy, and I'm good in a crisis.

我很高兴你们就在布鲁克林这地方

And I love that you're right here in Brooklyn.

我在这里住了一辈子 最近我感觉

I've lived here all my life, and lately I feel

我在布鲁克林或许过着不够时髦的生活

I may not be hip enough to live in Brooklyn,

所以入职也能对此有所帮助

so this could help with that, too.


我曾看到一句话 音乐家并不退休

I read once, musicians don't retire.

他们只是在没有音乐灵感的时候才停手

They stop when there's no more music in them.

我心中还有音乐

Well, I still have music in me,

这点毋庸置疑

absolutely positive about that.

好消息 我找到了八号♥ 藏青色的

Good news, I found a size eight in navy.

你说得没错

No, you are right.

快递应该现在就已经到了

That package should have arrived by now.

我帮你查查下

Let me track that for you.

没错 如果你有翘臀的话穿这款裤子一定棒极了

Yep, these pants are awesome if you have hips.

非常显瘦

Super slimming.

好了 让我给您复述下您的情况

Okay, let me just review this with you.


您有六个伴娘

You have six bridesmaids.

您订了六件 粉色的安托瓦妮特丝绸雪纺连衣裙

You ordered six of the silk chiffon Antoinette dresses in pink.

婚礼三天后举♥行♥

The wedding is in three days,

而刚到的连衣裙全是炭灰色

and the dresses just arrived all in charcoal gray,

我们根本不卖♥♥这颜色 真有点莫名

which we don't even sell, so that is a bit of a mystery.

好吧 我们打算这样帮您解决问题

Okay, here's what we're gonna do about this.

我去给供应商打电♥话♥ 今天就解决这问题

I am gonna call the vendor and have this fixed today.

发货前我会亲自过目

I will personally see the dresses before they are Fed Exed,

我保证周五早上九点

and I promise you they will be at your front door

会送到您的家门口 好吗

by 9:00 a.m. Friday, okay?

我把我的电♥话♥号♥给您好了 以防万一

You know what, let me give you my cell just in case,


非常感谢您的耐心

Oh, thank you so much for your patience,

您的钱我会全额返还 这是...

and I am gonna refund you back all your money. It's the...

是的 不...

Yes. N...

好的 嘿 这件事别顾虑了 好吗

Okay, hey, you check this one off your list, okay?

没问题了

This is done.

瑞秋 祝您的婚礼盛大圆♥满♥

And, Rachel, have a great wedding.

天呐 怎么会发生那种事

Oh, my God, how did that happen?

朱尔斯

Jules?

我知道 我知道 有些事被我耽搁了

I know, I know, I'm late for something.

没错 是所有事

Yeah, everything.

知道我为什么接客服电♥话♥吗

You see why I take customer service calls?


这很不错 获益良多

I mean, it's so good. You learn so much.

好了 什么事 我要干嘛

Okay, what's up? What am I doing?

卡梅隆之前在等你 但他有另一个会议了

Okay, Cameron was waiting for you, but had another meeting.

他说两点回来

He said he'll be back at 2:00.

-大家要你审核明天的主页 -了解

Um, everyone needs you to sign off on tomorrow's homepage. -Right.

你 11 点要到大会议室

And your 11:00 is in the big conference room.

11 点 10 分也是 财政部找你有事

So is your 11:10. Finance needs you,

我猜你凌晨四点给一堆人

and I guess you e-mailed a bunch of people

发电邮说了些事

at 4:00 a.m. about something?

太好了 我都忘了

Oh, good, I forgot about that.

我想找个法子让友人们

I want to figure out a way for friends


一起动♥*♥态♥*♥网♥购

to shop together online.

让动♥*♥态♥*♥网♥购不再是一件单独的事

Make it less of an alone thing.

把这主意电邮给我 好吗

E-mail me that idea, will you?

好 我喜欢这主意

Yeah, I like that.

呃 现在给你妈回电♥话♥合适吗

Um, is now a good time to call your mom back?

-妹子 我在骑车呢 -生日快乐

-Dude, I'm on a bike. -Happy birthday!

Oh!

太乱了吧

Oh, what a mess.

这里是办公室中♥央♥啊 别 别

This is the middle of the office. Don't do...

别放那东西...

Don't put that...

-你好 -嗨

-Hello. -Hi.
我是本·惠特克 我收到了

I'm Ben Whittaker. I received an e-mail

关于老年实习生的面试电邮

about an interview for the senior intern program.

嘿 本 一切都好吗

Hey, Ben. How's it goin'?

都好 真的 谢谢

It's going good, real good. Thank you.

太好了 去角落那坐吧

Excellent. Take a seat around the corner,

人才招聘部的人会来接待你

and someone from talent acquisition will come get you.

谢谢

Thank you.

人才招聘部

"Talent acquisition"?

好了 你们得记住

Okay, you guys have to remember,

主页必须一目了然

the homepage has to read in a glance.

还有 假设你们 35 岁以上

Also, you have to get back like this if you wanna see
想看效果的话 得这样退后几步

what it looks like if you're, like, over 35.

好了 这样我什么都看不清

Okay, so I can't read anything,

但要是能的话 你们想要我看到什么

but if I could, what do you want me to see?

五个姑娘 一款衬衫 还是 查看合身服饰

"Five Girls, One Shirt" or "Check Out The Fit"?

都要看到 但我真正想要你看到的

Well, both, but what I really want you to see

是同款衬衫由五个不同的体型穿着

is the shirt worn by five different body types.

好的 那你一定要让我看到

Okay, then you gotta make me see that.

试试把照片放大点

Try making the photo grid bigger.

我喜欢那个五 能让它更显眼吗

I love that five. Can we make it more graphic?

好的 很棒

Yeah, that's cool.

或许该突出穿红衬衫的那个姑娘

Maybe hero the girl in the red shirt.


-朱尔斯 -那可是大红色

-Jules... -That is a great red.

视觉上很有冲击力

It is going to fly outta here.

大概两个小时前 我就要你审核了

I needed you to sign off on this, like, two hours ago.

我知道 我知道 不过你能试试吗

I know, I know, but can you try?

Yep.

米娅 再跟我说说那件事

Mia? Tell me that thing again.

我们 40%的访客没从主页点进去

Oh, 40% of our visitors don't go past the homepage,

这不算太糟

which isn't so bad.

没错 但我们该解决这问题

Yeah, but we should fix that.

好了 搞定

Okay, here you go.

我喜欢

I love it.
-太好了 上线吧 -好了 谢谢大家

-Great, and it's up. -Okay. Thanks, everybody.

-谢了 -谢谢

-Thank you. -Thank you

好了

Okay, so...

安托瓦妮特连衣裙的事 主要是被供应商搞砸了

The Antoinette dress. Major screw-up by the vendor.

本 今天会有几轮面试

There's gonna be a couple of interviews today, Ben.

我们想确保彼此适合对方

We wanna make sure that we both find the right fit.

循规蹈矩可不是我们的训言

"Business as usual" is not really our motto,

所以我们希望你在这里收获乐趣

so we hope you have some fun here.

这是我们第一次招募老年实习生

This is the first time we are hiring senior interns,

所以某些针对实习生的问题

so some of our intern questions

可能不完全适用于你的履历

may not exactly fit your profile,


但不管怎样我们都要问下 好吗

but we're gonna go for it anyway, okay?

问吧

Fire away.

好的 行 你哪所学校的

Okay, good. Where'd you go to school?

西北大学

I went to Northwestern.

嘿 我弟也是西北大学的

Hey, my brother went to Northwestern.

恐怕不是同届的

Probably not at the same time.

没错 他 2009 年毕业的

Probably not. He graduated in 2009.

我 65 届的

Class of '65.

哇哦 你什么专业的 你还记得吗

Wow, what was your major? Do you remember?

从西北大学毕业后 你去了...

And after Northwestern, you went on to...

我去了德士万上班

I went to work for Dex One.


好的 他们是做...

Okay, and they made...

-做电♥话♥簿的 -哦

-Phonebooks. -Oh.

我负责监管

I was in charge of overseeing the printing

电♥话♥薄实体的印刷

of the physical phonebook.

我♥干♥监管干了 20 多年 在那之前

I did that for over 20 years,

我是他们的营销副总裁

and before that I was their VP of sales and advertising.

那他们还做电♥话♥薄吗

So, do they still make phonebooks?

人们不是用谷歌♥搜索号♥码就行了吗

I mean, doesn't everyone just Google numbers?

做的吧 但在能搜索之前 号♥码都记电♥话♥薄上

I believe they do, but before Google that was how you got...

没错 我明白了

Oh, no, no. Yeah, I get it.

所以在那家电♥话♥簿公♥司♥干了 40 年

So 40 years at the phonebook company?


了不起啊 真的

That is amazing, seriously.

好了 本杰明 现在我要问你一个

Okay, Benjamin. Now, I'm gonna ask you one of

更能反映实习生水准的问题

our more telling questions for all of our interns,

所以我要你

so I want you to, like, this is the one

好好考虑 好吗

to really think about, okay?

别急着回答

And take your time.

你觉得自己十年后会处在什么位置

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

我 80 岁时

When I'm 80?

是啊 当然 无论何时 呃...

Yeah, sure. Yeah, whatever. Um...

等下 我没意识到你 70 了

Wait. Did not realize you were 70.

那个问题不适合你 对吗

That question just doesn't work for you, does it?


我们该丢弃那个问题 继续下去吗

Should we just scratch that one and just move on?

-你说了算 贾斯汀 -好的 那个问题结束

-It's your call, Justin. -Okay, that one's gone.

对了 你看上去很优秀 非常优秀

You look great, by the way, so great,

显然你的资质在这个职位之上

and you're clearly more than qualified for this job.

这对你真的是大材小用

You're actually, like, way overqualified,

我们非常欣赏你

and we were so impressed.

你的面试很出色 视频也很棒

You had great interviews, great video.

本 你成功了 恭喜

You nailed it, Ben. Congrats.

你是一名实习生了

You're an intern.

-嘿 -嗨

-Hey. -Hi.

我要和你说两分钟话 不准打断

I need you for two minutes, uninterrupted.


-行 -记得几周前

-Okay. -Remember a few weeks ago,

我们谈过的老年实习生计划吗

we talked about the senior intern program?

不记得

No.

真的 当时针对这个项目谈了很久

Really? We had a whole, big conversation about it.

是吗 好吧 你再说说

We did? Okay, remind me.

是高中的老年级生 还是大学的

Seniors in high school orcoflege?

都不是 是生活中的老年人士 老年人

No, no, no. Seniors in life. Older people.

等下 什么

Hold on. What?

我跟你说了我觉得我们需要

I told you I felt like we needed

做一个拓展项目

to do an outreach program.

你当时看上去绝对是喜欢这主意的

You definitely seemed to be liking the idea,


所以我实施了 一定会很棒

so I set it in motion. It's gonna be great.

请等下 你在招募老年人实习生

Hold, please. You're hiring senior citizen interns?

这方面一直有着大量研究

There's been a ton of research on this,

而结论是非常不可思议的

and the results are actually incredible.

想像下拥有一个有着毕生经验的实习生

I mean, imagine having an intern with a lifetime of experience

而不是某个过去四年

as opposed to somebody who spent

把人生用在玩啤酒桌球的人

the last four years of their life playing beer pong.

他们最终想要的是这里的工作吗

Do they eventually want jobs here?

亲爱的 他们都退休了

No, darling, they're all retired.

他们只是想要体验

They just want the experience.

我想让其中一个直接和你工作

And I would like one to work directly with you.


等下 卡梅隆 不行

-Wait, Cameron, no. -Wha...

首先 我和老年人处不好

First of all, I'm not great with older people.

你知道我和我父母是怎么相处的 这会是...

You know how I am with my parents. This could be...

我为什么非得有一个

Why do I have to have one?

因为你得起表率作用

Because you have to set the tone.

你更喜欢男的还是女的

Now, would you prefer a man or a woman?

有一个很棒的 72 岁老妇 非常可爱

There's a great 72-year-old woman, really cute.

那像是我妈的年纪了 太奇怪了

Ugh. That's like the same age as my mom. That's too weird.

好吧 有一个男的 人见人爱

That's fine. There's a man everyone loves.

看起来很不错

He seems amazing.

我和整组人看了他的视频

I watched his video with the whole group.


大家都看哭了

People were crying.

好吧 在我看来 这行不通

Okay, this is not going to work, in my opinion.

但这事我得做多久 最短多久

But how long do I have to do this for? Minimum?

六周 不然我们会被起诉

Six weeks, or we'll be sued.

我知道我们从没谈过这事

I know we never talked about this.

谈过 真的

Yeah, we did. For real.

他明天开始上班

He starts tomorrow.

Hmm.

重回工作

Back in action.

谢天谢地

Thank God.

新实习生们 欢迎来到合身动♥*♥态♥*♥网♥

New interns, welcome to ATF.


我们都在这一层楼工作 那是因为

We all work on this one floor, and that is because

这关乎我们的交流

we are all about communication

和团队合作

and teamwork.

没人有个人办公室

No one has a private office,

连我们的创始人兼首席执行官朱尔斯·奥斯汀也没

not even our founder and CEO, Jules Ostin,

她就在那边

who is actually right over there.

她喜欢在办公室骑车通行

She loves to ride her bike through the office.

那位女士不喜欢浪费时间

That woman does not like to waste time.

另外 她把那样当成锻炼

Plus, she counts it as exercise.

真可爱

That's adorable.

没错 嗯哼

Yeah. Mmm-hmm.
嘿 你好吗 我叫戴维斯

Hey. How you doing? I'm Davis.

你好 戴维斯 我是本·惠特克

Hi, Davis. Ben Whittaker.

这地方令人兴奋吧

Exciting place, huh?

天呐 他们有一个

Oh, my God. They had one opening

常规年龄的实习生岗 没冒犯的意思

for a regular-age intern, no offense.

被我得到了 我好激动

I got it. I'm so psyched.

我自己也很激动

I'm pretty psyched myself.

好了 简单说下朱尔斯

All right, a few words about Jules.

她创办合身动♥*♥态♥*♥网♥仅 18 个月

She started About The Fit only 18 months ago.

整个主意诞生于

This whole idea was hatched

朱尔斯的厨房♥桌子边 就在布鲁克林这里

at Jules' kitchen table right here in Brooklyn.


朱尔斯试了所有她卖♥♥的服装

Jules tried everything on that she sold,

亲自描述了适穿性

described the fit herself,

这样子显然起作用了

and apparently, it worked.

四个月后 她的动♥*♥态♥*♥网♥站上线了

She was online in four months.

她和 25 名雇员开始创业 现在发展到了 216 名

She started with 25 employees. She's now up to 216.

算上你们四个 220 名了

With you four, 220.

Wow.

嘿 本 你每天都打算穿西装吗

Hey, Ben, are you gonna wear a suit every day?

当然

You bet.

满怀自信的样子啊 我喜欢你的风格

Confident. I like how you roll.

很喜欢

I like it a lot.
我们刚在 Instagram 上达到了 2500 个赞的纪录新高

We just hit a record high of 2, 500 likes on Instagram.

太好了

Yes.

这里有好消息时

And that's what we do

我们都那么做

when something good happens around here.

新实习生们 去那边的

New interns, grab a seat

实习生桌位找位子坐下

at one of the intern tables over there.

查看你们的电邮

Check your e-mail.

你们会发现你们已被

You may find that you've been assigned

分给了一个特别的人或是一个特别的团队

to one particular person or one particular team.

又或是流动岗

Or you might just be a floater.

都是不错的

It's all good.


好了 我来拍张照传 Instagram

Okay, let me Instagram this.

马上拍咯

Moment in time.

新绿还从迟暮来

Gray is the new green.

去坐吧

Take a seat.

谢谢

Thanks.

哦 收到一封

Oh, got one.

欢迎你 本

Welcome, Ben.

你将直接为我们的

Your internship will be directly

创始人朱尔斯·奥斯汀实习

with our founder, Jules Ostin.

哦 我要去照片工作室

Oh, I'm in the photo studio.

流动岗 我喜欢

Floater. Love!
嘿 本 你什么职务

Hey, Ben, what'd you get?

看样子我成了一名个人实习生

Looks like I'm gonna be a personal intern.

不错 给谁做

Nice. To?

朱尔斯·奥斯汀

Jules Ostin.

真不幸

Unfortunate.

坚持干吧

Hang in there.

嗨 本 我给你预约了

Hi, Ben. I have secured an appointment for you

朱尔斯·奥斯汀 在今天下午 3 点 55 分会面

to meet with Jules Ostin today at 3:55 p.m.

请准时会面 因为朱尔斯在下午 4 点有另一个会议

Please be prompt, as Jules has another meeting at 4:00 p.m.

Hmm.

好了 我要去销♥售♥部了

All right, I'm going to merchandising.


好极了

Beautiful.

很完美

It's perfect.

没错 我会设法让她 5 点到那的

Yes, I'll try to have her there at 5:00.

呃 不行 等下

Um, no, wait,

我给她在 5 点 15 分预约了一个供应商 抱歉

I booked her with a vendor at 5:15. I'm sorry.

我会再联♥系♥你的

I'll call you back.

你好 有事吗

Yes, hello?

嗨 我是本·惠特克

Hi, I'm Ben Whittaker.

我和奥斯汀女士在 3 点 55 分有次预约

I have a 3:55 appointment with Ms. Ostin.

3 点 55 分

3:55?

我以为她要和她的新实习生会面

I thought she was meeting with her new intern.


就是我

That's me.

你好吗

How you doing?

抱歉 你怎么会是实习生

I'm sorry. Uh, how are you an intern?

新老年实习生项目的缘故

It's the new senior intern program.

今天刚开始

It just started today.

天啊 呃

Oh, my God. Um...

你多少岁了

How old are you?

70 你呢

Seventy. You?

我 24 我知道我看上去比较老

I'm 24. I know, I look older.

这工作催人老

It's the job. it ages you.

这对你并不是好事

Which won't be great in your case.


抱歉

Sorry.

其实我觉得你看上去更年轻

I actually thought you looked younger.

是啊 没错

Yeah, right.

进去前给点提示

Any tips before I go in?

语速要快 她讨厌讲话慢的人

Just talk fast. She hates slow talkers.

或许只是讨厌我那样

Maybe that's just when I talk slow.

反正别磨叽 有话就说下去

Don't dawdle in any way. Just keep it moving.

别忘记眨眼

And don't forget to blink.

眨眼

Blink?

是啊 她讨厌不眨眼的人

Yeah, she hates when people don't blink.

这让她觉得奇怪

It weirds her out.


不过现在是 3 点 57 分了 她的这次会议

But it's 3:57. This meeting that she's in

刚占用了你 2 分钟的样子...

just took up, like, two of your...

他们出来了 去吧 去吧 去吧

They're out. Go, go, go.

-Okay, thanks. -Go. Yeah.

什么 是啊 我在这

What? Oh, yeah, I'm here.

嗨 朱尔斯

Hi, Jules?

我是本 你的新实习生

I'm Ben, your new intern.

很高兴你也觉得这事挺滑稽

I'm glad you also see the humor in this.

很难不这么觉得

Be hard not to.

那么 本...

So, Ben...

我本想说像你这么优秀的人

I was gonna say what is a nice guy like you

干嘛来这样的地方工作
doing at a place like this?

但卡梅隆让我左右为难

But Cameron gave me the drill,

所以我能和你说实话吗

so can I just be honest with you?

请说

Please.

我不会让你做很多事

I'm not gonna have a lot for you to do.

这是实话

That's the truth.

你分给我只能说算是为了

And you being assigned to me is kind of just

让我给团队其他人作表率

for me to set an example for the rest of the team.

依我看

If you ask me,

我觉得你在创意部

I think that you'd be much better off

或市场部工作会更好

working in creative or marketing.

那边的节奏更慢一点
It's a little bit slower pace,

或许也更容易上手一点

maybe a little bit easier to grasp.

要是你申请调岗 我可以搞定

If you requested a transfer, we can make that happen.

你更想这么做的话 可以

If that's what you'd prefer.

你会更开心 相信我

You'll be happier, believe me.

为我工作可一点都不愉快

I am not so fun to work for.

我知道

That's what I gather,

但我能和任何人相处

but I can get along with anyone,

我来这里要了解你的世界

and I'm here to learn about your world,

力所能及地给予帮助 所以...

give help where I can, so...

所以你不想调岗

So, you don't wanna transfer?

不怎么想 头 我非常抱歉
Not really, sir. I'm terribly sorry.

不好意思

Excuse me.

好吧

Okay.

那看样子你跟定我了

Well, then looks like you're stuck with me.

好极了 我很兴奋

Great, I'm excited.

我有事给你做会电邮你

I will e-mail you when I have something for you to do.

或者我能

Or I could just stop by

一天来几次看看...

a few times a day, check in...

我会电邮你的

I'll e-mail you.

还有 不要觉得你必须穿正装

Also, don't feel like you have to dress up.

这里超随意的

I mean, we're super cas here.

没问题的话 我更想穿西装
Well, I'm comfortable in a suit, if it's okay.

没问题 老派风格嘛

No, it's fine. Old-school.

没错 至少我很显眼

Exactly. At least I'll stand out.

我觉得你不♥穿♥西装也很显眼

I don't think you need a suit to do that.

确实

True.

我想我们的会面花了不到两分钟

Well, I think we did it in less than two minutes.

我等你消息

I'll wait to hear from you.

Okay.

你想要门开着还是关上

Want the door open or closed?

随便

Doesn't matter.

就开着好了

Open, actually.

你会习惯我的
You'll get used to me.

期待如此

Look forward to it.

Hi.

Hi.

Hi.

Hi.

你好

Howdy.

你需要什么

What do you need?

不行

No.

怎么样 本 你好吗

What's up, Ben? Are you good?

非常好

Perfect.

好的
Okay.

-V 领的吗 -好的

-The V-neck back tee? -Okay.

-我是霍利 -你能向他们展示吗

-This is Holly. -Can you run that up to them?

不是 整个系列我们都喜欢 马克

Yeah, no, no. We love the whole line, Mark.

好了 你能缩小 像这样

Okay, so you can zoom out. Like that.

我要去开会了 我一小时后回来

I'm going to a meeting. I'll be back in an hour.

到时候说吧

We'll talk then?

然后你只要点击这里购买♥♥

And then you can just click here to buy it.

真棒

Cool, yeah.

-你好 -嗨 是的

-Hello? -Hi, yeah.

好的 你不走

All right. You staying?

我不能比上司先走 戴维斯
Can't leave before the boss leaves, Davis.

看样子你还得在这里待一会儿

Looks like you're gonna be here a while.

好了 明早见 本

All right. See you in the morning, Ben.

-晚上愉快 -你也是

-Have a good night. -You, too.

好好干吧

Let's make it happen.

谢谢

Thanks.

我推你发如何

How about I push, you deliver?

谢谢

Thank you.

我想那有四张潮款图而不是三张

I like that there's four faves instead of three,

不过你能让我看看

but can I see the one

-没穿夹克的那张吗 -当然能

-without the jacket just to... -Sure.


Hi.

好了 他们想知道 非回头客

Okay, so they wanna know what customers bought

买♥♥的什么

who didn't come back,

要是有问题他们就能发现 对吗

so they can spot a problem if there is one, right?

没错 但我不明白怎么...

Yeah, but I don't understand how to...

好了 我想我们该这样子

All right, here's what I think we should do.

-本 -我们该...

-Ben! Ben! -We should go...

本 瞧 她来了

Hey, hey, look. Here she comes.

看好 她甚至不会...

Watch how she won't even...

嘿 贝克 怎么了 你看上去真的...

Hey, Beck. What's up? You look really nice.

一个女人对你会生多久的气

How long can a woman be mad at you for?

这多少取决于你干了什么
Well, it kind of depends on what you did.

首先 我不是故意的

Well, first of all, nothing on purpose.

我们出去了一会儿

We were going out for a minute.

我觉得她很不错 我很喜欢她

I thought she was cool. I really liked her.

但之后我算是不当心...

But then, I sort of

和她室友上♥床♥了

accidentally slept with her roommate.

难怪

That doesn't help.

我不知道那是她室友 她是我在外面碰见的

I didn't know she was her roommate. I met her out.

我怎么会知道

How would I know that?

-嘿 尼基 -本 跟我说说

-Hey, Nikki! -Ben, tell me.

我不懂这种事 你年长

I don't know this stuff. You're older.

你经历过很多
You've been through a lot.

我意思是你很有经验

I mean, you have a lot of experience.

你觉得她会生我多久的气

How long do you think she'll be mad at me for?

杰 我对女人毫无经验

Jay, I have zero experience with women,

我能告诉你的是 你没希望了

and I can tell you, there's no coming back from that one.

我想你跟她谈过 道过歉了吧

I assume you talked to her, apologized,

也跟她说了她对你有多重要了吧

told her how much she means to you...

这个嘛 你懂的...

Well, you know...

你没和她谈

You didn't talk to her?

你怎么做的 给她发了推特

What did you do, send her a tweet?

没 当然没有 我给她发了无数次短♥信♥

No, of course not. I, like, texted her a billion times.

她没回复 所以之后我电邮了她
She didn't answer, so then I e-mailed her.

但我发的是一封诚恳的电邮

But it was, like, a nice e-mail.

写得长且经过了深思熟虑

It was a long one, well-thought-out.

主题栏写着 对不起

Subject line I wrote, ullm sorry, "

对不起 对不起对

with like a ton of "O's."

有很多的对不起

So it was like, "I'm sorry, "

一个悲伤表情

with a sad emoticon

流泪哭泣的

where he's crying at the side of its little cheek.

我或许该直接和她说 对吧

I should probably actually just talk to her, huh?

理所当然

Obviously.

无法想像这有多难受

Can't imagine it would hurt.

昨天的码数到了吗
Oh, did yesterday's numbers come in?

到了

Yeah.

我们也能那样子

We could do it that way, too.

我发现我的实习生一直在忙

I noticed my intern sure keeps busy.

和善先生 他很讨喜

Mr. Congeniality. He's a very big hit.

人见人爱

Everybody loves him.

好吧 别看那张桌子

Okay, do not look at that desk.

像办公室垃圾柜似的

It's like the office junk drawer.

只会让你抓狂

It's just gonna drive you crazy.

你刚涂过了啊

You just did that.

你干嘛 准备做手术吗

What are you, preparing for surgery?

好吧 有没有搞错 怎么会这样啊
Okay, seriously? How did this even happen?

需要你

不是 我能安排 她只是在开会

No, no, I can set it up. She's just in a meeting.

嗨 我能帮你什么忙吗

Hi, something I can help you with?

当然 朱尔斯把酱油洒在她的圣劳伦斯夹克上了

Yes, Jules spilled soy sauce on her Saint Laurent jacket.

你能把夹克拿去照相部吗

Can you take it to the photo studio?

那里有很多清洁工

There's lots of cleaners and stuff in there.

-当然能 它在哪 -她正穿着

-Sure, where is it? -She's wearing it.

他们想要我们考虑和一些...

They would like us to consider the possibility...

好的

Okay.

有潜力的首席执行官会面的可能性

...of meeting with some potential CEOs.

哇哦

Wow.
我没料到会这样

I did not see that coming.

为什么 呃

Why? Uh...

因为我商业运营的经验太欠缺了吗

Am I too inexperienced at running a business?

因为我不是哈佛生

I didn't go to Harvard?

因为我的方式方法并非照章办事

My methods aren't by the book?

我意思 我们不就是那样走到这步的吗

I mean, isn't that how we got here?

真的

Really?

我需要人来监管

I need adult supervision?

我们能做得更好吗

Could we be doing better?

我们用九个月达成了我们的五年目标

We hit our five-year goal in nine months.

没错 朱尔斯 我们没法跟上

Exactly. Jules, we can't keep up


成功的节奏 你知道的

with our own success. You know that.

每次会议

You're an hour late

你都迟到一个小时 我们把它叫做

to every meeting. We have a name for it,

朱尔斯标准时间

"Jules Standard Time."

听着 我理解 一天的时间如此有限

And look, I get it. There's only so many hours in the day.

我们都只是在赶时间

We're all playing catch-up.

我们的技术员 工作到凌晨两三点

Our tech guys work until 2:00, 3:00 in the morning.

客服忙不过来

Customer service is slammed.

我们快没库存了

We're running out of inventory.

我们存在运输问题和编程问题

We've got shipping issues and programing problems,

我们做得越大

and the bigger we get,


问题就会越复杂

the more complicated it's gonna get.

但刚创业不都这样吗

But isn't this what a startup is?

怎么了

What?

说啊 大家那么担心 在担心什么

Say it. What is everyone so worried about?

一切都进行得太快 这会夺去我们的成功

That it's all going too fast, and it could get away from us.

我们的投资者只是觉得一个资深的首席执行官

Our investors just think that a seasoned CEO

能帮你分担掉一些杂事

could take some things off your plate.

仅此而已 只是让你有时间做自己拿手的事

That's all. Just free you up to do what you do great.

你有想法了

You come up with the ideas,

就让别人来及时运作

and let somebody else make the trains run on time.

但是 卡梅隆 新来的人

But, Cameron, this new person,


会按自己的方式做事

they are going to want to do things their way.

确切地说 会变成我的上司

Technically, be my boss.

要是我得向别人汇报

I mean, how can I do what I do

靠这个人来运作每个想法

if I have to report to someone else,

我要怎么做自己的事

run every idea I have by this person?

你觉得行得通吗

And can you see that working?

吉尔特集团聘用了一名首席执行官

Well, Gilt Groupe brought in a CEO.

他们做得如何

How are they doing?

我去念首席执行官课程吧

I mean, get me CEO lessons, you know?

不好意思

Uh, excuse me.

抱歉 不过贝姬说你的夹克上

I apologize, but Becky said you needed something


有异物要处理

taken care of on yourjacket.

没错

Oh, right.

谢谢 本

Thank you, Ben.

应该的

Of course.

风投们列了一份名单 写着有潜力的首席执行官

The VCs made up a list of potential CEOs.

我们看下好了

Let's just take a look at the list.

研究下再决定

Explore it, then decide.

慢慢来

Baby steps.

Ben.

里面有什么大事吗

Something big going on in there?

我说不上来

I couldn't say.
你在里面待了很久哦

You were in there a long time.

我听不清楚

I can't hear a thing.

帮我说说话

Say something about me to her.

不行 你得自己说

No, you have to do it.

走了 领导

On my way, boss.

嗯 领导

Hmm. Boss.

嘿本本

Hey, Ben. Ben.

那个公文包多久了

How old's that briefcase?

这是 1973 年产的阿什本行政搭扣包

It's a 1973 Executive Ashburn attaché.

已经停产了

They don't make it anymore.

我有点喜欢

I'm a little in love with it.


这款很经典 路易斯 无与伦比

It's a classic, Lewis. It's unbeatable.

晚上愉快

Good night.

再见

Bye.

Morning.

天呐 有人清理了那张桌子

Oh, my God. Somebody cleaned up that desk.

我发誓 我本打算加班亲自清理的

I swear, I was gonna stay late and do this myself.

不是我

Wasn't me.

本今早七点来弄的

Ben came in at 7:00 this morning and did it.

Who?

本 你的实习生

Ben. Your intern.

本·惠特克

Ben Whittaker.
某人非常开心哦

Someone's very happy.

太好了 谢谢你

Brilliant. Thank you.

这是这一周以来最棒的一件事

Best thing that's happened around here all week.

谢谢

Thank you.

这是你工作出色的奖励

This is your gift for a job well done.

我是菲欧娜 公♥司♥的按♥摩♥师

I'm Fiona, the house masseuse.

嗨 菲欧娜

Hi, Fiona.

-嗨 -我是本

-Hi. -Ben.

嗨 感觉不错吧

Hi. Does that feel okay?

实际上感觉非常棒 谢谢

It feels great, actually. Thank you.

好的 本 你有点僵硬

Okay. You're a little bit tight, Ben.


我有阵子没坐在桌旁了

Well, I haven't sat at a desk for a while.

我的身体变得不适应了

My body's not used to it.

我懂的

No, I get it.

另外 人们说坐着是新的吸烟方式

Plus, they say sitting is the new smoking.

我来看看我能做什么

Let me see what I can do.

我在午餐室看见过你

I spotted you in the lunchroom.

我好奇你是谁

I wondered who you were.

-是吗 -没错

-Did you? Oh. -Yeah.

然后有人告诉我你是一名实习生

Then someone told me you were an intern.

你做这个非常棒啊

That's pretty cool of you to do this.

现在是一个全新的世界 我想我要跳入其中

Well, it's a brave new world. Thought I'd jump in.


看个究竟

See what it's all about.

是啊 我知道 当然了

Yeah, I know. Absolutely.

我时常惊讶于他们在这里做的事情

I'm constantly amazed at what they do here.

很高兴成为其中的一员

Love bein' a part of it.

Oh.

-我的天呐 -我懂

-Oh, my God. -Yeah. There.

那里 没错 就是那里

Yeah. Right there.

-感觉如何 本 -感觉...

-How's that, Ben? -Well, it's...

-天呐 -很好

-Oh, boy. -Good.

杰森

Jason.

好的 不错 不错 不错

Okay, good. Good, good.


那里 不错

There, good.

给你

Here you go.

这里有点僵硬

A little tight right here.

-好些了吗 -天呐

-Is that better? -Oh, boy, oh, boy.

这样如何

Oh. How's that?

-天呐 -嗯

-Oh, boy. -Mmm-hmm.

很高兴认识你 本

Well, it was nice to meet you, Ben.

很高兴这里有另一个和善的老人

Love that there's another oldie but goodie here.

很高兴认识你

Nice to meet you.

-回见 -很乐意

-See you later? -Love to.

我也是

Me, too.
你没我想的那么老啊

You're not as old as I thought you were.

Ooh!

-等下 你是说你每天都刮胡子 -没错

-Wait, so you're saying you shave every day? -Yes.

-周日也刮 -每天都刮

-Even on Sundays? -Every day.

好的 即便你知道

Okay, and even if you know

自己谁也不去见也刮

that you're not gonna see anyone that you know?

-没错 -这怎么可能

-Yes. -How is this possible?

我在廉租公♥寓♥动♥*♥态♥*♥网♥上找房♥

I'm on CheapApartments.com

而上面所有

and I literally can't afford

布鲁克林的公♥寓♥ 我一间都租不起

a single apartment in all of Brooklyn.

我父母给我两周时间找地方

My parents gave me two weeks to find a place,


而这已经不可能了

and that's just not gonna happen.

要被赶出来了

Getting evicted?

嘿 我不急 但急的明显是他们

Hey, I'm in no rush, but apparently they are.

好了 给我 让我看下你手♥机♥

All right, here. Let me see your phone.

廉租公♥寓♥动♥*♥态♥*♥网♥ 你试过克雷格广♥告♥动♥*♥态

♥*♥网♥吗

CheapApartments.com. Have you tried Craigslist?

-试过 -好吧

-Yes. -Okay.

那我没法子了

Then I am out of ideas.

朱尔斯 嗨

Jules. Hi.

-你好吗 -嗨

-How are you? -Hi.

你怎么样

How are you?

-嘿 -嘿
-Hey. -Hey.

-一切都好吗 -都好

-How's it going? -Well, good.

-麦克 对吗 -对

-Uh, Mike, right? -Yeah.

好的 我是本 我为朱尔斯工作

Yeah, I'm Ben. I work for Jules.

我知道 她一分钟后下来

Yeah, she'll be down in a minute.

我知道 听着 我不想让你有不适感

I know. Look, I don't wanna make you feel uncomfortable,

但我刚朝窗外看了

but I just happen to have looked out the window,

你似乎是在从一个纸袋里

and it appeared you were drinking something

喝东西

from a paper bag.

我不知道你在说什么 老兄

I don't know what you're talking about, man.

不如你跟她说你今天不能给她开车了

Why don't you tell her you can't drive her today,

不然我得告诉她
or I'm gonna have to.

-一切都好吗 -都好

-We all good? -Yeah.

朱尔斯

Jules.

我很抱歉这么做

I'm sorry to do this,

但我真的感觉不舒服

but I'm actually not feeling so hot.

我不清楚我是否该开车

Not sure I should be driving.

我本不想告诉你的

I wouldn't wanna give you anything.

哦 没事 你应该请假

Oh, sure. Yeah, no, you should take the day off

让自己好些 好吗

and feel better, okay?

谢谢

Thanks.

我很乐意给麦克代班

I'm happy to cover for Mike.

没事 贝姬能给我开车
That's okay. Becky can drive me.

真的 你还想给她增加工作

Really? You wanna give her more to do?

我希望你别介意我没坐到前面

I hope you don't mind if I don't get in the front.

我不想不礼貌 我只是坐后面更能思考

I'm not trying to be rude.

我只是坐后面更能思考

I just think better in the back.

我是说我能坐到前面 但是...

I mean, I could get in the front...

我知道

No, no, no.

-这样很好 -没错 没错

-This is perfect. -Yeah. Yeah.

还有你在车上听到的

And everything you hear in the car

所有事都是绝密

is strictly confidential.

-好吗 -不说我也知道

-Okay? -Goes without saying.

嗨 妈妈
Hi, Mom.

-我找到你咯 -是啊

-Oh, I found you. -Yeah.

什么事啊 一切顺利吗

So, what's up? How's everything?

我和你♥爸♥在医院总算把我们的

Well, your dad and I are finally putting together

所有研究汇总在一起了

all our research at the hospital.

-太好了 -我听到你在打字

-That's great. -I hear you typing.

现在好多了

That's better.

我们一直在研究每晚睡眠不足

So we've been studying women under 40

六小时的 40 岁以下女性

who sleep less than six hours a night.

-你们有什么发现 -很有趣

-And what'd you find out? -It's interesting.

似乎其中 38%的女性

It seems like they're 38% more likely

比每天睡 7 个小时的女性
to experience major weight gain

更容易肥胖哦

compared to women who slept seven hours a night.

你在开玩笑吗

Are you kidding me?

你知道我两年没睡满七小时了

You know I haven't slept in two years.

我无法改变事实 亲爱的

Well, I can't change the facts, dear.

妈 你知道吗 我急着去城里

Mom, you know what? I'm rushing into the city

开会 我得准备下

for a meeting, and I need to prepare.

我能回家再打你电♥话♥吗

Can I call you when I get home?

不用

Oh, you don't have to.

好的 我爱你

Okay. Love you.

谢谢

Thank you.

嘿 还好吗
Hey, how we doin'?

你看了阿特伍德上的资料了吗

Did you look over the material on Atwood?

看了

Yeah, I did.

他在旅游城市动♥*♥态♥*♥网♥和花旗集团都运营得很棒

Uh, he had a great run at Travelocity and Citigroup,

我懂了 他是最佳人选

and I get it. He's major.

没错

He is.

最好的一点是 他一直在观察我们

And the best thing about him is he's been watching us,

他喜欢我们的模式

and he loves what we're doing.

但他是唯一一个在名单上的

But he's only one of the names on the list.

所以要是你不喜欢他 我们就继续找

So if you don't like him, we move on.

不过 朱尔斯 试着去接纳

But, Jules, try to be open.

他应该是很优秀的 风投们非常喜欢他
He's supposed to be brilliant. And the VCs love him. A lot.

马克·扎克伯格从没聘用过首席执行官

Mark Zuckerberg never brought in a CEO,

而且他当时还是个青少年

and he was a teenager.

晚点给我打电♥话♥

Call me after.

好的

Okay.

谢谢 但你不用这么做 我能自己开门

Oh, thanks, but you don't have to. I can open the door.

当然

Sure.

好了 应该不会超过一小时

Okay, so this shouldn't take more than an hour.

但要是你没法待在这

But if you can't stay here,

我会打电♥话♥给贝姬 然后让她找你

I'll call Becky, and then she'll find you,

然后你就能停车了

and then you can just pull up...

别担心 我会在这的
Don't worry. I'll be here.

我想我今天忘吃东西了

I think I forgot to eat today.

我该去给你外带些寿司来吗

Should I pick you up some sushi?

不用 我吃太多汞了 我没事

No, I eat too much mercury. I'll be fine.

我很好 其实我有点反胃 所以...

I'm good. I'm actually kind of nauseous, so...

真快

That was fast.

还不够快

Not fast enough.

我从我知道的一家店外带了些汤给你

Oh, I picked you up some soup from a place I know.

谢谢

Thanks.

你真的不用...

You really didn't have to do...

天呐 闻上去太棒了

Oh, my God, that smells so good.

那就好
Good.

消息传得真快

Word travels fast.

-会议很快啊 -是啊 我讨厌他

-Pretty short meeting. -Yeah. I hated him.

真的 怎么了

Really? What happened?

我觉得他是一个傲慢

I thought he was a condescending,

自以为是的大男子主义者

sexist know-it-all

看上去根本不了解我们的模式

who did not seem to get what we do at all.

说实话

And, honestly,

我觉得他会用完全死板的方式

I think he would run our business

进行商业运营 那会让我们失去

in a completely inorganic way that would lose us

所有我们拼了命得来的顾客

all the customers we have killed ourselves to get.

我认为他一有机会
Oh, and I think that he would replace us

就会换掉我们

as soon as he got the chance.

哦 还有

Oh, and...

这人从不眨眼

The man never blinked.

真是名奥♥运♥不眨眼选手

An Olympian non-blinker.

那好吧

Okay, then.

Yeah.

明天上午见

See you in the a.m.?

不见不散

Be there or be square.

抱歉

I'm sorry.

嘿 没什么的

Hey, don't be.

我只是想说今天谢谢你帮麦克忙
I just wanted to say thank you for helping out

也谢谢你给我买♥♥了鸡汤

with Mike today and for getting me chicken soup.

还有谢谢你清理了那堆杂物

Oh, and for cleaning that mess.

简直太棒了 真的

That was awesome. Seriously.

你太客气了

You're very welcome.

没事的 我真不咬人

It's okay. I really won't bite.

一年半之前 你亲自开始了这一行当

You started this business all by yourself a year and a half ago,

现在你拥有了 220 名员工

and now you have a staff of 220 people.

记住是谁做到的

Remember who did that.

Who?

Um...

谢谢
Thank you.

我并不想说的

And I hate to say it,

但你尽量睡会儿吧

but try to get some sleep.

-妈妈 -嘿

-Mommy. -Hey!

-嗨 -嗨

-Hi. -Hi.

这是我最爱的女孩呀

Here's my favorite girl.

嘿 宝贝

Hey, baby.

-嗨 亲爱的 -嘿

-Hi, honey. -Hey.

度过难关

Over the hump.

-你今天过得如何 -还行

-So how was your day? -Kind of okay.

但你知道吗 玛蒂说她再也不想

But you know what? Maddie said she didn't wanna be

-当我朋友了 -哦
-my friend anymore. -Aw!

你知道吗 我不觉得她真是那意思

You know what? I don't think she meant it.

她会很想你的

She'd miss you too much.

我开始觉得

I'm startin' to think

玛蒂有躁郁症

that Maddie is bipolar.

我们每隔一天就经历这事

We go through this every other day.

是啊

We do.

你的会议如何 是今天的 对吗

Oh, how was your meeting? It was today, right?

没错 刚开好

Yeah, just had it.

妈妈 我觉得我会赢 看啊

Mommy, I think I'm winning. Look!

哦 太棒了

Oh, that is so cool.

没错 那是培乐多粘土蛋糕挑战赛
Yeah, that's the Play-Doh cake challenge.

我们明天才比完

We're not finishing until tomorrow,

所以请先别做任何评判

so please hold on all judging.

更别提我的蛋糕出了意外

Not to mention that we had an accident with mine,

因为某人 把她的手肘放了进去

when someone, not to name any names,

是谁我就不说了

put her elbow in it.

-什么 -那是意外

-What? -it was an accident.

我得说 我很喜欢粉色的那个

Well, I gotta say, I love the pink one a lot.

那是我的 你因我而开心吗

That's mine. Are you happy at me?

我很开心 开心得不得了

I am so happy at you. I'm beyond happy at you.

爸爸帮我做了糖衣

Daddy helped me with the icing.

干得好 伙计们
Good job, you guys.

那我给你洗澡如何 可以吗

So, how about I give you your bath?

慢着 等下 我之前在等你电♥话♥

Wait, hang on. I was waiting for your call.

所以你不喜欢那人

So you didn't like the guy?

他对我来说并不合适

He wasn't a good fit for me.

但名单上有很多别的名字 所以...

But a lot of other names on the list, so...

没错

Yeah.

我在楼上会打败你

I'm gonna beat you upstairs.

本 我好几天没见到你了

Ben, I haven't seen you in days.

没错 哥们儿 本上班了

That's right, homey. Ben's got a job.

天呐 你一直不在家

Oh, you're never home.

你在做什么呢
What do you do?

算了 我是帕蒂

Never mind. It's Patty.

你好

Hello?

嗨 菲欧娜

Hi, Fiona.

我是合身动♥*♥态♥*♥网♥的本·惠特克

It's Ben Whittaker from About The Fit.

哦嘿

Oh, hey.

很高兴听到你的声音

It's good to hear your voice.

我也是

Oh, it's good to hear your voice, too.

今天见到你真的很高兴

It was great meeting you today.

我打你电♥话♥比你想像中的还要快

I called you quicker than you thought I would.

我很高兴你打了

I'm glad you did.

朱尔斯
Jules.

Shh.

让她睡 爸爸

Let her sleep, Dad.

Okay.

好的

Okay.

我本想不睡的

I tried to stay up.

我知道

I know.

抱歉我在那睡了

I'm sorry I fell asleep in there.

我直接睡着了

I just passed out.

我知道我们本打算好好谈谈

I know we had a plan to have a grown-up conversation.

你想上动♥*♥态♥*♥网♥飞点播吗

You wanna Netflix something?


Hmm?

抱歉 我睡着了一小会儿

I'm sorry, I just fell out for a second.

没事

It's okay.

佩吉今天学会说巨大的了

Paige learned to say "humongous" today.

真的

Really?

让我笑到不行

Cracks me up.

她看着我说

She looks at me, she says,

爸爸 你是一个非常巨大的爸爸

"You're a very humongous dad, Dad."

天呐

Oh, God.

你知道我讨厌自己听上去像别的妈妈

You know I hate to sound like the other moms.

但我开始觉得我需要一点自己的时间

But I'm starting to feel like I need a little me time.

我知道
I know.

晚安

Good night.

有人在家吗

Anybody home?

我睁不开眼睛了 朱尔

Can't keep my eyes open, Jule.

我们明天做 好吗

We'll do it tomorrow, okay?

你能把你的灯关了吗

Can you turn out your light?

-你好 -嘿 本 我是贝姬

-Hello? -Hey, Ben. It's Becky.

-朱尔斯办公室的那个 -我知道 嘿 什么事

-From Jules' office? -Yeah, hey. What's up?

朱尔斯的司机不见了

Jules' driver is M.I.A.

我发的短♥信♥他没一条回的

He's not answering any of my texts.

我知道昨天你给朱尔斯开车了

I know you drove Jules yesterday,

我也没听到她抱怨
and I didn't hear any complaints.

所以今早你能去接她吗

So can you pick her up this morning?

当然能

Sure.

你知道她住哪吗

You know where she lives?

我昨天去过

I was there yesterday.

-好的 那你是记得的 -没错

-Okay, so you remember. -Yeah.

-你听得清楚吧 -很清楚 老大

-And you're hearing me, right? -Loud and clear, boss.

好的 那么 7 点 45 分到那里

Okay, so be there at 7:45,

按门铃再走开 她会知道你来了

ring the bell, and walk away. She'll know it's you.

按门铃再走开 知道了

Ring bell, walk away. Got it.

哦 还要走开

Oh, walk away.

等下 我来了
Hang on. I'm comm'.

嗨 找朱尔斯吗

Hi, here for Jules?

是的 嗨 抱歉 我会上车等

Uh, yeah, hi, sorry. I'll wait in the car.

她在打电♥话♥ 你想进来吗

Uh, she's on a call. Do you wanna come in?

我刚做了咖啡

I just made some coffee.

她可能要一会儿时间 我是马特

Could be a while. I'm Matt.

我是本·惠特克

Ben Whittaker.

很高兴认识你 进来吧

Good to meet you. Come on in.

呃 乐高到处都是 所以注意脚下

Uh, Legos everywhere, so watch your step.

好的

Sure.

或许在主页上登一些博主

Maybe feature some bloggers on the homepage?

坐吧 本
Have a seat, Ben.

嘿 佩吉 这是本 她和妈妈一起工作

Hey, Paige, this is Ben. He works with Mommy.

-嗨 -嗨

-Hi. -Hi.

我在玩公主记忆游戏

I'm playing Princess Memory Game.

是啊 看样子要赢了

Oh, yeah. Looks like you're about to win.

你是朱尔斯的新司机

So you're Jules' new driver?

不是 实际上我是她的实习生

No, actually, I'm her intern.

这太可笑了

That's hysterical.

-你知道什么叫实习生 -不知道

-You know what an intern is? -No.

没关系 所有人都觉得很可笑

That's okay. Everyone thinks it's hysterical.

嘿 马特 那个...

Hey, Matt, did...


Morning.

Morning.

都干洗吗

Is that all dry cleaning?

这三件干洗

These three are.

这两件手洗 还有 呃 纽扣...

These two are laundry. And, uh, this button...

这里的纽扣不见了

This button is missing.

-掉了 所以...-好的

-I mean, it's loose, so... -Okay.

-要是他们能...谢谢 -知道了

-If they could just... Thanks. -You got it.

嘿 宝贝 你走之前

Hey, and, honey, uh, before you leave,

得去做几件事

just gotta go over a couple things.

好的

Okay.

-看我找到了什么 -耶
-Look who I found. -Yay!

-他在你的篮筐里 -谢谢

-He was in your hamper. -Thank you.

马特 我的合身动♥*♥态♥*♥网♥快递到了吗

Matty, did an ATF box arrive for me?

在桌子上

On the table.

我想我还是去外面等吧

Uh, I think I'll just wait out...

本 你要吃葡萄干吗

Ben, you want a raisin?

谢谢

Thank you.

好了 那今晚

Okay, so tonight,

你要工作...

you're working...

你在没在听

Are you listening, or did I lose you?

-本 她在听吗 -我在听

-Ben, is she listening? -I am totally listening.

我订了些东西来检查怎么寄送的
I ordered some stuff to check on how it arrived.

顺便说一句 不是很好

Not great, by the way.

-继续说啊 今晚吗 -是啊

-Go on. Tonight? -Yeah, okay.

你要工作

You're working,

所以我和佩吉去我妈那吃晚餐

so Paige and I are gonna go to my mom's for dinner.

会在露比的校园生日派对后

After school's Ruby's birthday party.

下周一如何

And what about next Monday?

我们有空跟

Do you know yet if we can go to dinner

罗比和安妮吃晚餐吗

with Robbie and Annie?

下周我真忙不过来

Oh, I'm so slammed next week.

抱歉 要是你们想去 我会抽空 是什么时候来着

I'm sorry. If you wanna go, I'll make it. When was it?

天呐 周一啊
Oh, my God. Monday.

好吧 抱歉 我注意力刚在这张绵纸上

Okay, I'm sorry. I was fixated on this tissue paper.

我会去的

I will be there.

好的

Okay.

谢谢咖啡

Thank you for the coffee.

谢谢让我玩

Thanks for letting me play.

-抱歉 -我去车上等你

-Sorry. -I'll meet you in the car.

其实我得走了 快 宝贝

Actually, I have to go. Come on, sweetie.

本 我们让佩吉在学校下车 好吗 好了

Ben, we're gonna drop Paige at school, okay? Here we go.

-走吧 -和爸爸吻别

-Let's do it. -Kiss Daddy goodbye.

嘿 等下 你忘了你的狗狗

Hey, wait. You forgot your doggy.

马特看上去是个很不错的人
Matt seems like a terrific guy.

Hmm?

抱歉 我无意打断

Oh, sorry, didn't mean to interrupt.

没事 我同意 他确实是

Uh, that's okay. I agree. He is.

谁 大爸爸吗

Who? The Dad?

别的孩子就那样叫马特

That's what the other kids call Matt

因为他是妈妈之海中唯一的爸爸

because he's the only dad in a sea of moms.

我读过关于家庭主男的事

I've read about these househusbands.

有意思的是刚才家庭主男的特征都显现了

It's interesting how that all worked just now.

他们其实更喜欢被称为顾家爸爸

They actually prefer to be called stay-at-home dads.

抱歉 我并不知道

Oh, sorry. Did not know that.

那非常令人钦佩
Well, it's very admirable.

他是一个真正的 21 世纪父亲

He's a real 21 st century father.

是的

He is.

他之前其实有一份营销方面的好工作

He actually had a great job in marketing,

不过合身动♥*♥态♥*♥网♥一创办

but, um, when About The Fit took off,

他就辞职当全职爸爸了

he left to be a full-time dad.

给我们帮了很大的忙

Totally saved our butts.

把本调到其他组 行吗

我们到了 大姑娘

Oh! We're here, big girl.

我在自助餐厅给我的

I do this in the cafeteria

午餐朋友做了这个

to my lunch friends

他们不在看我时做的

when they're don't looking.


-你做的 -嘿 朱尔斯

-You do that? -Hey, Jules.

-嗨 很高兴在这里见到你 -嘿

-Hi. Nice to see you here. -Hi.

不知道你是否收到了我们的电邮

Uh, not sure if you got our e-mail,

但下周五我们要举♥行♥一次节日午餐

but we're doing a fiesta lunch next Friday,

我们觉得你可以带鳄梨酱来

and we thought you could bring the guacamole.

你大概没时间做

Uh, you probably won't have time to make it,

所以你能买♥♥来

so you can buy it.

这没关系

Which is fine.

够 18 个人的就好

Enough for 18.

没事 我能做 没问题

No, I can make it. It's not a problem.

-太好了 马特能带来 -没错

-Great. Matt can bring it. -Totally.


再见

Bye.

好了 祝你一天愉快 宝贝

All right. Have a great day, sweet pea.

露比的派对好好玩 好吗

Have fun at Ruby's party, okay?

妈妈 你知道怎么做鳄梨酱吗

Mommy? Do you know how to make guacamole?

我知道 事实上我做得很好

Yes, I do. Really well, in fact.

我们一起做吧

We're gonna make it together.

做好之后 我们来一场母女跳舞派对吧

And after that, we'll have a mother-daughter dance party?

嘿 玛蒂 你好吗

Hey, Maddie. What's up?

躁郁症

Bipolar.

天啊 来

Oh, my God. Come here.

-哦 我爱你 大姑娘 -我也爱你

-Oh, I love you, big girl. -I love you, too.


天啊

God.

秉持正确的理念真累人

Taking the high road is exhausting.

都 2015 年了

It's 2015.

我们真的还在对事业型

Are we really still critical

妈妈有意见吗 真的吗 还这样

of working moms? Seriously? Still?

抱歉 刚才只是反问

I'm sorry. That was all rhetorical.

不用回应

There's no need to respond.

没打算回应

Wasn't going to.

Oh! Ben.

我要在仓库停一下 在绿点 480 号♥

I wanna stop by the warehouse. 480 Greenpoint.

Sure.
别 别 别 你要右拐

No, no, no. You wanna make a right.

走 9 号♥街去汉密尔顿 再上高速

9th to Hamilton to the Expressway.

我觉得我们该走 4 号♥街去弗布殊 会快很多

Uh, I think we should take 4th to Flatbush. Much faster.

不会的

It won't be.

最快 12 分钟

By 12 minutes, at least.

我能试试吗

Can I try?

我道歉

I apologize.

不用

No need.

尽量把圆点对齐

Try to line the dots up the best you can.

然后...

And then...

好了 拿这来

Okay. Pull this over.


可以的话 试着把这个拉向你

If you can, try to pull this towards you,

同时将它在外面按住

holding it on the outside.

很高兴认识你

Good meeting you.

好了 然后把它轻轻放上去

Okay, so then put that on lightly.

两边放下 胶带封好

Put it down with two. Secure it.

我们的包裹应该给人以

Our package should feel like they're getting a little gift

自购小礼物的感觉

that they bought for themselves.

门开着

It's open.

Ben.

哇哦

Wow.

-进来吧 -出乎意料

-Come on in. -Didn't expect this.


是啊 我喜欢把这里当做一个小天堂

Yeah. I like to think of it as a little bit of paradise.

我能给你来背部按♥摩♥吗

Can I interest you in a back rub?

不用 谢谢

Oh, no, thanks.

我过来只是因为我发觉

I just came by because I found out

我得工作到很晚

I have to work late.

-哦 那今晚不能一起吃晚餐了 -抱歉

-Oh. Then no dinner tonight. -Sorry.

我真的对此很期待

I was really looking forward to it.

不过我希望我们能约在另一个晚上

But I'm hoping we can pick another night.

当然可以 过来坐吧

Of course. Come sit down.

把你的上衣给我

Let me have your jacket.

就一会儿 来吧 放松

Just for a minute. Come on. Relax.


好了 足部按♥摩♥如何

Okay, how about a foot massage?

在办公时间

During office hours?

是啊 这算是重点 可以吗

Yeah, that's kind of the point. May I?

好吧

Well...

好了

Okay.

已经很棒了

It's already pretty good.

我只是脱了你袜子

All I've done is take off your sock.

从没人比你更拿手

Well, no one's ever done that better.

放松 闭上眼睛

Okay, just relax. Close your eyes.

头靠后

Put your head back.

你想重新约在什么时候

So when would you like to reschedule?


明天

Tomorrow?

明天不行 周六如何

Can't tomorrow. What about Saturday?

可以

Good.

天呐 这太让人享受了

Oh, God. This is enormously satisfying.

我该什么时候来接你

What time should I pick you up?

中午吧 我喜欢白天约会

Noon? I love daytime dates.

午餐 太好了 快了

Lunch, perfect. It's sooner.

一切顺利吗 朱尔斯怎么样

So how's it going? How's Jules?

她每时每刻都在竭力工作

Yeah, I mean, she works on all cylinders all the time.

不休 不睡 从没见她吃过

Doesn't stop, doesn't sleep, never see her eat.

或许我在这是好事 知道吗

Maybe it's good that I'm here, you know?


我希望我能帮助她

I hope I can help her.

我知道你会是一个好人

I knew you were gonna be a good guy.

我知道

I knew it.

放松

Try to relax.

天呐

Oh, my God.

抱歉 我走了 我走了

I'm sorry. I'm leaving. I'm leaving!

抱歉 你们继续 我走了

Sorry, don't stop. I'm leaving.

我的鞋 抱歉

Oh, my shoe. Sorry.

怎么说

So?

我不知道 孩子 这份租约对我没那么有吸引力

I don't know, kid. This lease doesn't look so hot to me.

三个月的押金

Three-month security deposit.


你一定很喜欢这地方

You must really love this place.

-没有 那里很糟 -呃

-No, it's horrible. -Uh...

不过这周我能住进去

But I can get in this week.

好吧 我要是你的话 我会继续找

Well, if I were you, I'd keep looking.

-好的 -嘿 路易斯 怎么了

-Okay. -Hey, Lewis. What's up?

我从没见你这么精神

I've never seen you so awake.

公♥司♥要我把这份大单送到翠贝卡

I was just asked to deliver this huge order to Tribeca,

我觉得是送到 Jay-Z 的公♥寓♥

and I think it's to Jay Z's apartment.

我没开玩笑 看 上面写着肖恩·卡特

I'm not kidding. Look, it says, "S. Carter."

我有点兴奋

I'm a little freaked out.

我不知道那是谁

I don't know who that is,


但你想给这人留下深刻印象吗

but is this someone you want to impress?

这人是个天才 本

This is a genius, Ben.

哇哦 如果是碧昂斯开门呢

Whoa, what if Beyonce opens the door?

我的天啊

Oh, my God.

好了 现在我知道你在说谁了

Okay, now I know who you're talking about.

或许你该穿上一件有衣领的得体衬衫

Well, maybe you should put on a proper shirt with a collar.

衣领 他们是嘻哈人士

A collar? These are hip-hop people.

路易斯 你要穿着得令人注目

Dress to impress, Lewis.

去衣架那 找一件合身的男友风衬衫

Go to the rack. Find a boyfriend shirt that fits.

可以的话 把头发梳下来

Bring the hair down if you can.

束好衬衫 为什么再也没人束衬衫了

Tuck in the shirt. Why doesn't anybody tuck anything in anymore?


-我在说你呢 -好的 好的

-I'm asking you. -Okay, okay.

本杰明

Benjamin.

我们取得了些进展

We made some progress.

对实习生队伍来说是一个重大日子

Very big day for the intern team.

太棒了 她朝我大喊大叫了 不过...

It was great. I mean, she yelled at me, but...

她也一直对我这样

She yells at me all the time, too.

-是吗 那就是沟通啊 -没错 -

-Right? it was communication. -Yeah.

-有突破了 -是啊

-It was a breakthrough. -Yeah.

哇哦 你也想来

Whoo! Oh, you want one too?

-是啊 -好

-Yeah. -Okay.

好了 伙计们 我可能要去见 Jay-Z

Okay, boys. I'm possibly meeting Jay Z


或是碧昂斯了 我换上了衬衫

and/or Beyonce, and I'm in a blouse.

穿着吧 伙计 这是进步

Wear it, dude. It's an improvement.

假的吧

Not true.

很大的进步

Big one.

-我讨厌一个人吃东西 -我也是

-I hate eating alone. -So do I.

要知道 你其实不用一直留下的

You know, you don't actually have to keep doing that.

习惯了

Well, force of habit.

给 技术部冰箱里顺来的

Here you go. Swiped these from the tech fridge.

干得漂亮

Oh, nice going.

-要吃一块吗 -好 谢谢

-You want a slice? -Sure, thanks.

-干杯 -干杯

-Cheers. -Cheers.
几个小时前我注意到

I noticed a couple hours ago,

你和另一个首席执行官人选开了会

you had a meeting with another possible CEO.

我看见他来了 开得怎么样

I saw him arrive. How'd that go?

不错 直到他把我们叫做...

It was going well until he called us...

我相信他的用词是 小妞动♥*♥态♥*♥网♥站

I believe the term he used was a "chick site."

之后我就没听他说话了

And I didn't hear anything he said after that.

看来卖♥♥服装让我们成了小妞动♥*♥态♥*♥网♥站

Apparently, selling clothes makes us a "chick site."

我是说 真的 这哪不规矩了

I mean, really? How is this not legit?

完全同意 我发觉这种事令人惊讶

I couldn't agree more. I find that surprising.

真的 商业中的性别歧视

Really? Sexism in business?

那么...

So...
本 你退休前做什么的

What did you do for work, Ben, before you retired?

我是德士万的一个副总裁

I was a VP for Dex One.

做电♥话♥薄的

Phonebooks?

是啊 我负责印刷

I was in charge of printing,

在那之前我管营销

and before that I ran sales and advertising.

职位很高啊

Big jobs.

这里过去不是一个做电♥话♥薄的工厂吗

Wasn't this a factory that used to make phonebooks?

-不是吧 什么 -是的

-No! What? -Yeah.

什么

What?

这里是你以前上班的地方

This is where you worked?

上了近 40 年

For almost 40 years.


Oh.

真的

Yeah.

我在那扇窗旁边坐了 20 多年

For twenty-some years I sat right by that window.

那是我的办公室

That was my office.

当时要高几个台阶

It was a few steps up backthen.

我们能俯瞰看到整个工厂

And we could look out over the whole factory.

我们的印刷机在那个角落

Our printing presses were in that corner.

所以那边的地板下塌

That's why the floor dips back there.

不是吧

No way.

我对这幢楼一清二楚 或者说过去如此

I know everything about this building. Or used to.

你知道这栋楼另一边的梧桐吗

You know the sycamores on the other side of the building?


-知道 -大的那几棵

-Yeah. -The big ones?

是啊 大的那几棵 我喜欢它们

Yeah. The big ones. I love them.

是啊 我记得它们被种下的那天

Yeah. I remember the day they were planted.

回来是不是很奇怪

Is it totally weird being back here?

这个嘛 感觉像回家

Well, it feels like home. It's...

它被改造了

Remodeled,

但还是家

but home.

你用脸书了啊

So you're on Facebook, huh?

我一直在试着把它搞明白

Well, I've been trying to figure it out.

我大概 10 分钟前开的账户

I joined about 10 minutes ago.

开得晚总比不开好 需要帮助吗

Well, better late than never. Do you want some help?


非常愿意

I'd love some,

但说真的 你有更重要的事要做

but, really, you've got better things to do.

没事 我需要消遣下

No. I need a diversion.

你有自己的照片吗

You have a photo of yourself?

没 需要

No. I need one?

你想看那些

Uh, if you wanna look up

高中美女的话就需要

all those hotties from high school, you do.

说茄子

Say cheese.

茄子

Cheese.

真可爱

That is cute.

好了 我只需把它发送给你

Okay, I just need to send that to you.


好了

Uh...

这些针对个人资料的问题

All right, so there are all these questions

你回不回答就看你想不想

for your profile that you can answer if you want to or not.

比如宗教信仰 政♥治♥立场

Like religious views, political views,

谁对你有激励性

people who inspire you.

朱尔斯·奥斯汀

Jules Ostin.

我不是想拍你马屁

I'm not trying to brown-nose you,

但我在商业领域待了很久

but I've been in business a long time

我从没见过像你这样的人

and I've never run across anyone quite like you.

朱尔斯 你真的有激励性

You do inspire, Jules.

我只知道 在一天快结束时

I just knew, at the end of the day,


一个拿着一杯酒和

that a woman with a glass of wine

一台笔记本的女人 有着真正的购物潜力

and a laptop had real shopping potential.

如果你真能

And if you could actually

向她保证东西会合适的话

promise her things would fit...

-瞧 我就是这意思 -好吧

-See? That's what I mean. -Okay.

-你有最喜欢的名言吗 -有

-You have a favorite quote? -I do.

做正确的事 你永远不会错

"You're never wrong to do the right thing."

-谁说的 你吗 -没错

-Who said that, you? -Yeah.

但我很肯定马克·吐温先说过

But I'm pretty sure Mark Twain said it first.

好了 最爱的音乐

Okay, favorite music?

天呐 山姆·库克 一直我最喜欢的一个

Uh, jeez. Sam Cooke, one of my all-time favorites.


还喜欢迈尔斯·戴维斯

Love Miles Davis,

比莉·哈乐黛

Billie Holiday.

她很棒 对吗

Oh, she was great, right?

我是说她能...

I mean, she could just, like...

-让你身临其境 -没错

-Transport you. -Oh, yeah.

好了 书呢

Okay, books?

喜欢克兰西 勒德拉姆

Love Clancy. Ludlum.

痴迷哈利·波特

Crazy about Harry Potter.

-马特也喜欢哈利·波特 -是吗

-Matt loves Harry Potter, too. -Oh, yeah?

没错 出版后 他一整周都在看

Yeah, he, like, read them all the week they came out.

哇哦 我也是

Ah, well, me, too.


好了 你的情感状态呢

Um, okay, what's your relationship status?

你结婚了吗

Are you married?

单身

Single?

鳏夫

Widower.

抱歉

I'm sorry.

那我觉得我们该填单身

I think we should just say single, then?

是啊

Yeah.

好了 你知道你现在需要什么吗

Okay, do you know what you need now?

你需要加别人好友

You need someone to friend.

我会和其他实习生加好友的

I'll be friends with the other interns.

他们早上会教我的

They'll show me how to do it in the morning.


你...你可以加我好友

Well, you can friend me.

-好 谢谢 -好的

-Okay, thank you. -Okay.

好了

Okay.

恭喜 你现在正式成为

Congratulations, you are now officially

脸书一代的一员了

part of the Facebook generation.

那敢情好

Good deal.

-呃 你吃好了 -是的 谢谢

-Um, you done? -Yes, thank you.

好的

Okay.

呃 我还

Well, I have, uh...

要工作一个小时

I have another hour of work.

你没问题吧

Are you... Are you okay with that?


当然没

Of course.

朱尔斯 这很棒

This was great, Jules.

是啊

Yeah.

和成年人进行

It was nice to have

一次成年人之间的对话感觉很好

an adult conversation with an adult man,

你懂我意思吗

you know what I mean?

这无关工作

Like, not about work.

无关...

Not about...

我懂你意思

I know what you mean.

-我们到了 -是的

-Oh, we're here? -Yeah.

我有打鼾吗

Was I snoring?
没 就在睡觉而已

No, no, no. Just sleeping.

抱歉

Sorry.

我父母是睡眠研究人员

My parents are sleep researchers,

我这辈子的睡眠状况一直在被他们研究

and they've been studying my sleep my whole life.

显然我是一个睡觉时吵人的典型

Apparently, I'm a classic noisy sleeper.

了解我 有趣吧

Fun getting to know me, huh?

是的

It is.

我从没在车上睡着过

I never fall asleep in the car,

那感觉真是太好了

so that was actually amazing.

我对吵杂声表示抱歉

Apologize for the racket.

几乎没注意到

Barely noticed.
我会假装相信你

I'll pretend I believe you.

我喜欢这栋房♥子

I love this house.

对我而言 它看上去很开心

It just looks happy to me.

就像儿童读物里的房♥子

Like, if it was in a kids' book,

当你翻开书页看见它时

it would make you feel good

会让你感觉很好

when you turned the page and saw it.

你懂我意思吗

You know what I mean?

I do.

好了

Well...

再见

Sayonara.

再见

Sayonara.
我没听见你进来

I didn't hear you come in.

要知道 我在想

You know, I was thinking

我们需要些清醒的时间在一起

we need some awake time together.

没错 这个也是

Yeah, that, too.

Morning.

早 我是桃乐丝

Good morning. I'm Doris.

我今天被叫来给你开车

They asked me to drive you today.

你一直坐那位置的吗

Are you all set back there?

你安全带系好了吗

You got your seat belt fastened?

本怎么了

What happened to Ben?

有人说他被调岗了

Oh, somebody said that he got transferred.


你知道回总部的最佳路线吗

Um, you know the best way to get back to headquarters?

天呐

Oh, my!

-搞什么啊 -拜托

-Oh, what... -Come on!

悠着点 疯子

Hold your horses, maniac!

怎么走 亲爱的

Which way, hon?

我在这里完全搞不清方向

I'm all turned around here.

-桃乐丝 桃乐丝 桃乐丝 -怎么了 怎么了

-Doris. Doris! Doris! -What? What?

你叫我调走他的

You told me to transfer him.

那是两天前的事 你为什么不和我商核一下

That was two days ago. Why didn't you check with me?

首先 那是昨天的事

First of all, that was yesterday.

好吧 他在哪 你知道吗
Where is he? Do you know?

谢谢

Thank you.

你一定觉得我失去理智了

You must think I'm demented.

我不会这么说

Not the word I would use,

但我接到电♥话♥时有点惊讶

but I was a little surprised when I got the call.

朱尔斯 要是我在某方面越界了 我道歉

Jules, I apologize if I overstepped in some way.

没有 没有 没有

No. No, no, no, no.

请别道歉 你什么都没做错

Please don't apologize. You have done nothing wrong.

瞧 我有很多事做 而我是一个很隐私的人

Look, I have a lot going on, and I'm a very private person.

起初 怎么说呢 我觉得

And at first, I don't know, I thought

我或许适应不了 但我错了

maybe this wasn't gonna work, but I was wrong.

-我帮你拿一份吧 -不用
-Let me get one of those. -No, no, no.

没事

No.

朱尔斯 你无需解释 别这样

Jules, no explanation necessary. Please.

帮你拿一份其实是因为我通常不会尴尬

No, actually, one is, because I am usually better than this.

事实是...

The truth is...

你的某些特质让我感觉平静

Something about you makes me feel calm

或更为信靠之类的

or more centered or something.

这对我有帮助

And I could use that.

毫无疑问

Obviously.

我希望你接受我的道歉

I hope you'll accept my apology

回来为我工作

and come back to work for me.

如果你想的话
If you want...

我这么说不只是

And I'm not just saying this

因为我今早做错事了

because I screwed up this morning.

也是因为我有在想

But I was thinking that

让你搬到我的办公区 搬到贝姬旁边

I'd like to bring you up to my area, next to Becky.

我知道你能处理更多的工作

I know you can handle more work.

要是你想要更多的话 我...

If you'd like more. I...

天呐 你真不知道我有多讨厌

Oh, God, I can't tell you how much I hate

自搬石头自压脚的感觉

that ljumped the gun and I made you feel...

我会回来 我很高兴回来

I'm coming back. I'm happy to come back.

太好了

Excellent.

我能送你回办公室吗
Can I give you a lift back to the office?

当然能 谢谢 我来拿吧

Sure, thanks. Can I take this?

不用

No. Thanks.

说实话 你介意开下车吗

Actually, do you mind driving?

我其实都没驾照

I don't technically have a license.

当然不介意

Sure.

这...这太疯狂了 本

This is... This is crazy, Ben.

这里摆不下两张桌子

Two desks are not gonna fit in here.

我保证我不会挡你路

No, I promise, I'll stay out of your way.

可这是不可能的 因为我现在没空间来...

But it's impossible because now I don't have room for...

-嗨 -嗨

-Hi. -Hi.

这样子不错吧
This is good, right?

我喜欢这个安排

-Yeah. -I like this arrangement.

贝姬 我希望你能让本帮你一把 好吗

Uh, Becky, I want you to let Ben give you a hand, okay?

把我所有的电邮都抄送给他吧

And cc him on all my e-mails.

昨天的号♥码都弄好了吗

Did we get yesterday's numbers?

弄好了

Uh, yes, we did.

我看见是在这里...

I saw them here.

-给 -谢谢

-Here you go. -Thanks.

我得去再看下顾客购买♥♥习惯的数据

And I need to go over the data on customer purchase patterns.

让本也看一下

Let Ben take a look at that, too.

让本先看好了

Actually, let Ben take a look at that first.


Okay.

别担心 贝姬 有帮手是好事

Don't worry, Becky. Backup's good.

卡梅隆来了提醒我填一下

Ping me when Cameron gets in.

Hey-

贝姬

Becky?

我在这九个月了 本

I've been here nine months, Ben,

她从没叫我帮她看任何东西 好吗

and she's never asked me to take a look at anything for her ever, okay?

我听见你说的了 那确实让人糟心

Ihearyou. That's frustrating.

非常糟心

I mean, totally.

我从宾州大学毕业 我有商学位

I graduated from Penn. I have a business degree.

但我在这似乎从没做对过什么事

But I never seem to do anything right around here.

而你差不多比我大五十岁
And you're, like, 50 years older than me

耳朵又不灵光

and you're deaf.

我倒是觉得你做了很多对的事

I happen to think you do a lot of things right.

你做了很多

You do so much.

我知道 我知道

I know. I know that.

-嗯哼 -但她不知道

-Mmm-hmm. -But she doesn't. I mean,

我每天 14 个小时为她累死累活

I bust my ass for her 14 hours a day,

而她从没注意到

and she never notices.

我的天呐

Oh! oh, my God.

我讨厌上班时哭泣的姑娘

I hate girls who cry at work.

你试着让我帮你忙如何

How about if you, just as an experiment,

就当是一次实验
try letting me help you.

你一旦从茫茫多的操心事中解脱

A lot of your stress is gonna be lifted

就会如释重负

once you're out from under this mountain of worry.

或许你该考虑在正常工时

And maybe you should consider leaving here

偶尔走出去

at a normal hour once in a while.

见见你的朋友 找点乐子

See your friends. Have a little fun.

嗯哼 我能在这个办公区帮忙

Mmm-hmm. I can offer my assistance in this area.

我非常乐意

I would love to, actually.

我只是不想让她觉得我♥干♥不了我的工作

I just don't want her to think that I can't do my job

而需要一个实习生来帮我

and I need an intern to help me.

好的 下面的话并不中听

Okay, you're not gonna wanna hear this,

但我听说每晚睡眠
but I heard women who sleep

不足七小时的女人

less than seven hours a night

比起每晚睡七小时以上的

gain 38% more weight

多 38%的几率变胖

than women who sleep more than seven hours a night.

什么我 11 点下班 7 点上班

What? I leave here at 11:00. I get back at 7:00.

我好像每晚就睡五个小时

I sleep, like, five hours a night,

而现在我要变胖了

and now I'm gonna get fat?

让我们克服难处 让我们一同努力

Let's get through this stuff. Let's do it together.

让我们重新开始 就这么做吧

Let's clean-slate it. Let's just do it.

很不错 圣路易斯

All right. Very nice, St. Louis.

-华盛顿的绒面革夹克 -哦 天啊

-Ah, suede jacket in D. C. -Oh, my God.

我真不敢相信那款毛衣卖♥♥那么好
I cannot believe how well that sweater is doing.

我好开心

I'm so happy.

好样的 迈阿密 谢谢

Beautiful, Miami! Thank you.

看芝加哥

Oh, look at Chicago!

她已从把同款靴子放进了购物车

She put the same boots in her cart

和休斯敦那女人一样

as the woman from Houston.

好的 来看一看她付款没有

Okay, let's see what she does at checkout.+

她也不买♥♥了

She's not buying them either.

好吧 或许该查看下那双靴子的运费

Okay, maybe check the delivery cost on those boots?

-咚咚咚 -嘿

-Knock-knock. -Hey.

嗨 我看了购买♥♥习惯的数据

Hi. I took a look at the data purchase patterns.

我该过会来吗
Uh, should I come back?

不用 进来吧 你动作真快

No, no, come on in. That was fast.

贝姬帮了我忙

Well, I enlisted Becky's help.

看样子你广♥告♥投入最贵的地方

It seems the most expensive place you're advertising

实际上给你带来的是

is actually bringing you the customers

消费最少的顾客

who are spending the least.

你投资最少的渠道

And the channels you're least investing in

正在分段增加巨大价值

are adding enormous value in segments

在当下似乎是低价值

that currently appear to have low value,

但实际上有着最高的消费潜力

but actually have the highest spending potential.

这是目前我所能告知的

That's what I could tell so far.

哦本
Oh, Ben!

你能帮我处理那个问题吗

Can you, like, deal with that for me?

或许给出一个更好的计划

Maybe come up with a better plan?

我是说 你有时间的话

I mean, if you have the time?

乐意效劳

Happy to.

这个男人在商业领域待了 40 年

The man spent 40 years in business.

是啊 我明白

Yeah, no, I get it.

朱尔斯 贝姬帮了很大的忙

And, Jules, Becky was a huge help in this.

你知道她有宾州大学的商学位吗

You know, she has a business degree from Penn?

我知道

I know.

我意思是我忘了 但我知道

I mean, I forgot, but I know.

我会和她聊聊
I'll say something to her.

那太好了

That would be very nice.

嘿 这边一把手的位置感觉如何

Hey. How's it goin' up here in first class?

忙啊 看来你找到公♥寓♥了

Busy. I see you found an apartment.

没 我的两周期限到了

No. My two weeks are up.

我要搬去和我表兄住

I'm movin' in with my cousin.

-很好啊 -他在费城

-Excellent. -In Philadelphia.

-戴维斯 -怎么了

-Davis. -What?

我晚上 11 点到那 早上 5 点出来

I'll get there by 11:00, leave at 5:00.

没事的 我能应付

It's cool. I can handle it.

要知道 我在这里感觉像是大家的叔叔

You know, I feel like everybody's uncle around here.

为什么
Yeah, why is that?

因为我要帮你一把

Because I'm gonna save your ass,

我打算让你来住几周 真的

and I'm gonna put you up for a few weeks. Obviously.

本 谢谢

Ben, thank you.

谢谢 谢谢 谢谢

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

好了 好了 冷静 小伙子

Okay. Okay. Easy, fella.

我喜欢你弄的这种靠枕风

I like that you do the throw pillow thing.

我结婚很久了

I was married for a very long time.

Mmm.

哇哦 那是你的衣柜吗

Whoa! Is this your closet?

社交繁忙啊

Busy man about town.

这些抽屉里有什么
What's in all these drawers?

四角裤 T 恤 口袋巾 手帕

Boxers, T-shirts, pocket squares, handkerchiefs.

好吧 手帕要了干嘛

Okay, what's the deal with the handkerchief?

那东西我完全不理解

That one I just don't get at all.

好吧 它是必需品

Okay. It's essential.

你们这一代不知道真是糟透了

That your generation doesn't know that is criminal.

带手帕最好的理由是出借

The best reason to carry a handkerchief is to lend it.

-嗯 -你问问杰森吧

-Hmm. -Ask Jason about this.

女人会哭啊 戴维斯 我们为她们带着手帕

Women cry, Davis. We carry it for them.

这是绅士风度最后的遗存之一

One of the last vestiges of the chivalrous gent.

那这不同于...

Ah. Well, then it's different than a p0...

我知道你还想聊 但我...
I know you wanna hang.

但我得睡觉了 孩子 我累坏了

But I have to get some sleep, kid. I'm pooped.

晚安 本

Good night, Ben.

再次感谢

Thanks again.

明早你会叫醒我吗

Will you wake me in the morning,

还是说这请求太过了

or is that too much to ask?

-我父母总...-太过了

-My parents always... -Too much.

明白 我就在我手♥机♥上定闹钟好了

Understood. I'll just set an alarm on my phone.

但愿我能听到 我睡得太沉了

I hope I can hear it. I'm such a deep sleeper.

天呐 我会叫醒你的

Oh, my God. I'll wake you.

谢谢 爱你哦 不开玩笑

Thank you! Love you. Not kidding.

我也爱你 现在去睡吧
I love you, too. Now go to bed.

这里还有些浆果 伙计们

Here's some more berries, guys.

本 能劳烦你给我倒些糖浆吗

Ben, can you pour me more syrup, please?

当然能

Sure can.

There you go.

太好了 干得好

Perfect. Good job.

谢谢

Oh, thanks.

天呐 好了 那么这个很厉害的叫汤森德的首席执行官

Oh, boy. Okay, so this really big CEO named Townsend,

所有人都说他绝不会对我们感兴趣

the one everyone said would never be interested in us

是因为我们对他来说做得不够大

because we weren't big enough for him?

-是吗 -是吗

-Yeah? -Yeah?

我们像是你的姐妹妻
We're like your sister wives.

我们刚发现他远不止感兴趣

Well, we just found out he's beyond interested.

激动人心啊

Exciting.

是啊 或许

Yeah. Maybe.

大家都很激动

Everyone's flipping out about it,

但你知道我最好还是观望

but you know I'm still on the fence at best.

总之 我想说的是

Anyway, the only thing is,

我得去旧金山见他

I have to go to San Francisco to meet him.

-他来不了这里 -你得什么时候去

-He can't come here. -When do you have to go?

他唯一能见面的日子是下周四

The only day he can meet is next Thursday.

你想来吗 或许我们能去过周末

Do you wanna come? Maybe we can stay the weekend?

听起来棒极了
Oh, that sounds awesome.

周四不行

Thursday I can't.

佩吉在学校是零食队长

Paige is snack leader atschooL

我要和她一起在班上

and I'm supposed to be in the class with her.

-这也算是件大事 -对

-It's kind of a big deal. -Right.

没错 真的是一件大事

Yeah, it's a really big deal.

我知道 甜心 抱歉 我忘了

No, I know, sweetie. I'm sorry. I forgot.

本或许能和你去

Uh, maybe Ben could go with you.

是啊 那是个好主意

Yeah, that's a good idea.

各位 本有自己的生活

Guys, Ben has a life.

算不上有 我没去过旧金山

Uh, not really. Not one that takes me to San Francisco.

要是你想有同伴 我乐意去
If you want the company, I'd love to go.

真的

Really?

毫无疑问

Definitely.

-你猜怎么着 本 -怎么着

-Guess what, Ben? -Yes?

今天我爸爸会当爱丽儿

Today, my dad's gonna be Ariel.

今天轮到他了

It's his turn.

-那不错啊 对吗 -真心不错

-Oh, that's good, right? -Really good.

你们觉得找一名首席执行官是一件大事

You guys think finding a CEO is a big deal?

这里 我们玩小美人鱼的时候 谁来当爱丽儿

Here, the big negotiation is who gets to be Ariel

才是大事

when we're playing Little Mermaid.

我一次都没轮到过

And for the record, it's never been my turn.

所以这对我是件很大的事 我很激动
So this is huge for me. I'm excited.

我要用叉子梳我的头发

I get to comb my hair with a fork,

用很多小工具和小发明玩耍

play with gadgets and gizmos aplenty.

爸爸

Daddy!

我是朱尔斯

This is Jules.

各位 我们要多久才能修复

So, guys, how long till we get it fixed?

你不能放大的话 你大概就不会买♥♥了

I mean, if you can't zoom in, you probably won't buy.

没错 头几个小时

Yeah, the first couple hours

已经降了 23%

are already down 23%.

-天呐 -好吧

-Oh, boy. -Okay.

我就到 在...

Uh, I will be there in, like...

-两分钟后 -两分钟后
-Two minutes. -...two minutes.

我们在处理

We're on it.

本 你有友人们一同购物的信息吗

Ben, do you have the info on Friends Shopping Together?

-有 -谢谢

-Yeah. -Thank you.

-我是朱尔斯 -怎么了

-This is Jules. -What's wrong?

妈 嗨 我刚发现缩放链接...

Oh, Mom, hi. Um, I just found out that the zoom link,

就是你用来点击放大照片的那个按钮

the button that you click on to zoom in on a photo,

不起作用了

isn't working.

这听起来没什么大不了的

Well, that doesn't sound like such a big deal.

实际上问题很大

Well, actually, it is.

人们用它来进一步看清...

It's what people use to get a closer look at what...

所有人都用到放大
Everybody zooms in.

我想我去你的动♥*♥态♥*♥网♥站去得不够多

I guess I don't go to your website enough

所以并不知道

to know that.

她真心混♥蛋♥ 我怎么表现得那么平常

又打字又有来电

Typing and ringing.

是啊 抱歉 仓库打来的

Yeah, sorry. Oh, it's the warehouse.

妈 抱歉 我能回头打你电♥话♥吗

Mom, I'm sorry. Can I call you back?

不用

No need.

-好吧 爱你 -好的

-Okay, I love you. -Yep.

谁会用好的来回复我爱你

Who says "yep" to "I love you"?

-嗨 阿隆佐 -嗨 朱尔斯

-Hi, Alonzo. -Hi, Jules.

-嘿 -并不是好消息

-Hey. -Not good news.


怎么了 好吧 说吧

What? Okay. Lay it on me.

卫♥生♥部♥门在一次例行检查中

In a routine check by the sanitation department,

他们发现了一只臭虫

they found one bedbug.

不是吧

No.

很遗憾 是的

Unfortunately, yes.

昨天我们发了 4800 个盒子

We sent out 4, 800 boxes yesterday.

我们得全部召回 关闭仓库...

We have to get them all back, shut down the warehouse...

清除臭虫

spray for bedbugs,

之后我们再开始发货

then we can start shipping again.

-真是噩梦 -真是噩梦

-Nightmare. -Nightmare.

好了 我们到了

Okay, here we are.


好的 我发好这封电邮就好

Okay, let me just finish this e-mail.

妈妈

糟糕

No!

糟完了 完了 完了

No. No, no, no...

她是一个恐♥怖♥分♥子♥

嘿 各位 谢谢到场

Hey, guys. Thanks for coming.

我知道变焦坏了

I know the zoom is broken,

我无意因此而辞退谁

and I don't mean to pull anyone off of that,

但我现在需要帮助

but I need a favor.

我不当心电邮错人了

I accidentally sent an e-mail to the wrong person,

她现在正在上班

and she's at work right now.

我知道她在五点半到家之前

And I know she doesn't check her personal e-mail


不会查看她的个人电邮

until she gets home at 5:30.

所以我得在那之前想办法删除它

So I have until then to figure out how to delete it.

因为要是这个人看见了这份电邮

Because if this person sees this e-mail,

那后果太可怕了

it'll be horrible.

除此之外 她有一点心脏疾病

And on top of that, she has a minor heart condition.

我觉得这可能会对病情不利

I think this could possibly be not good for that.

所以我指望你们开恩 指望你们的智慧

So I am counting on your good graces and brilliance

想办法帮帮我

to figure out a way to save my ass.

说实话 朱尔斯 要骇进服务器

Truthfully, Jules, it's pretty impossible

是非常不可能的

to hack into a server.

你不知道她的密♥码♥吗

And you don't know her password?


不知道

Noidea.

朱尔斯 我觉得我们只有一个办法能行

Jules, I think there's only one thing we can do.

什么 告诉我 我急死了

What? Tell me. I'm dying.

我和几个小伙子出去

Me and the boys take off,

我们闯进你妈家

we break into your mom's house,

偷走她的电脑

and we steal her computer.

闯进她家偷走电脑

Break into her house and steal the computer?

你在开玩笑吗

Are you kidding me?

真是太有才了

That's freakin' genius.

您距离目的地

You will reach your destination

300 码

in 300 yards.
GPS 女士知不知道

Little does GPS lady know

她在协助犯罪

she is an accomplice to a crime.

这位女士有心脏疾病

The woman has a heart condition.

我们就当是做好事

Think of it as a good deed.

我从没想到过

I never thought you'd be

你会对我造成不良影响 惠特克

a bad influence on me, Whittaker.

放松 小伙子们 这事小菜一碟

Oh, relax, fellas. This is gonna be a piece of cake.

钥匙在花盆下面

The key is under a flowerpot.

我们进去 删除 走人

We go in, we delete, we disappear.

她没警报 对吗

She doesn't have an alarm, right?

对 她没有

Nope. She does not.


要是电邮要密♥码♥呢

What if there's, like, a password on the e-mail?

那我们拿走电脑

Then we take the computer.

朱尔斯说会给她买♥♥个新的 所以这是双赢

Jules said she'd buy her a new one, so it's a win-win.

您距离目的地 100 码

You will reach your destination in 100 yards.

这像罗汉系列电影

This is like an Ocean's movie.

本是那个带大眼镜的老家伙

Ben's the old guy with the big glasses.

他名字叫埃利奥特·古尔德

His name is Elliott Gould.

是啊 杰森 你是 克鲁尼

Yeah, and, Jason, you're Clooney.

谢谢

Thank you.

我是马特·达蒙 因为我算是户外好手

I'll be Matt Damon 'cause I'm kind of an outsider.

是啊 绝对是 我是谁

Yeah, definitely. Who am I?


你是本·阿弗莱克的兄弟

You are Ben Affleck's brother.

为什么我不是布拉德·皮特

Well, why aren't I Brad Pitt?

我觉得答案显而易见

I think that's kind of self-explanatory.

-好了 克鲁尼 -谢谢

-Okay, Clooney. -Thank you.

你来开车

You're behind the wheel.

把车停街上

Park on the street.

别熄火 注意四周

Keep the engine running, your eyes open.

达蒙 阿弗莱的兄弟 你们跟我

Damon, Affleck's Brother, you're with me.

好了 行动

All right, let's do this.

记住 要是在花盆下面

Remember, the key's under the flowerpot.

糟糕

Oh, no.
好计划泡汤了 天呐

Oh, great plan so far. Oh, my God.

路易斯 联♥系♥贝姬

Lewis, get Becky.

要是我们没密♥码♥

Well, if we don't know the code,

60 秒后就会发出警报

this is gonna turn into an alarm in 60 seconds.

贝姬 让朱尔斯接电♥话♥

Becky, put Jules on.

她把我切到了等待 那姑娘什么情况

She put me on hold. What is wrong with that girl?

这可真糟 我们该怎么办 本

This is so not good. What are we supposed to do, Ben?

我们该...

What are we supposed...

-别吃了 -呃

-Stop eating! -Uh-huh.

-呃 -去找电脑 快去 快 快 快

Go look for the computer. Right now. Go! Go! Go! No!

分头找 分头找

Separately! Separate...
-本 本 你在吗 -贝姬

-Ben. Ben, you there? -Becky.

贝姬 别乱搞 让朱尔斯接电♥话♥ 急事

Don't screw around. Put Jules on. It's an emergency.

-她在开会 -去打断她

-She's in a meeting. -Interrupt her.

本 怎么了

Ben, what's up?

朱尔斯 你妈有警报啊

Jules. Your mother has an alarm.

她没的啊 我在她厨房♥

No, she doesn't.

她有

Yes, she does. I'm in her kitchen.

快响警报了

It's about to go off.

-她密♥码♥是什么 -我不知道

-What's her code? -I have no idea.

本 听我说 我了解这个女人

Ben, listen to me. I know this woman.

那是她从电视购物之类的

That is a fake alarm that she bought off


地方买♥♥的假警报器 好吗

of some infomercial or something, okay?

那是假的

It's not real.

没联动♥*♥态♥*♥网♥ 只是用来吓走小偷的

It's not connected. It's just to scare off burglars.

她说这是假的 只是用来吓走小偷的

She says it's fake. It's just to scare off burglars.

哦 它真管用

Oh, well, it's doing a good job.

听着 我爸妈绝不会付钱买♥♥真警报器的 好吗

Listen, my parents would never pay for an alarm, okay?

他们是美国最节俭的人

They're the cheapest people in America.

好的 它还没响警报

Okay, well, it hasn't turned into an alarm yet.

还是在哔哔哔

It's still beeping.

那是因为它是假的

That's 'cause it's a fake.

相信我 你们找到电脑了吗

Trust me on this one. Have you found the computer?


这下面没有

It's not down here.

路易斯去那里 戴尔斯 那里

Lewis, go in there. Davis, in there.

-找到了 -拿到了

-Foundifl -Got it!

什么

What?

我们找到了两个 哪个是她的

We found two. Which one is hers?

白色的还是银色的

The white one or the silver one?

白色的还是银色的

The white one or the silver one?

白色的还是银色的 白色的还是银色的

White one or the silver one?

-你♥妈♥的♥电脑 -没错

-Your mom's computer? -Yes.

白色的 我给她修过一次 我肯定

It's white. I got it fixed for her once. I am positive.

-白色的 -白色的

-The white one! -White.


天呐

Oh, my God!

我就知道没有假警报这回事

I knew there was no such thing as a fake alarm!

我就知道我们会被拘捕

We're gonna get arrested! I knew it!

真的 我们完了

That's it! We're done!

这地方全是我们的指纹

Our fingerprints are all over this place!

本 你看见电邮了没

Ben, do you see the e-mail?

还没

Not yet.

-赶紧啊 老兄 -给我 我来

-Double-time it, dude. -Here, let me.

找到了

Found it!

为什么我妈总是一副愤怒婊的样子

"Why is my mother always such a raging bitch?"

主题 她是个恐♥怖♥分♥子♥

Subject, "She's a terrorist."


是的 删掉它

Yes! Delete it!

删了

Gone.

现在从回收站删

Now from the trash!

搞定

Got it.

-戴维斯 你从哪找到的 -床下 右侧

-Davis, where'd you find this? -Under the bed. Right side.

-哪个右侧 -面对床的右侧啊

-Which right side? -Right side facing the bed!

天呐 我这辈子完了

Oh, my God! My life is over!

我要成罪犯了 而我还没犯罪啊

I'm gonna be a felon and I have not committed a crime!

戴维斯 振作

Davis, pull it together.

你听不到那声音有多少远吗

Can't you hear how far away that is?

他们到这里之前 我们至少还有 30 秒

We've got at least 30 seconds until they're here.


我要怎么和我爸妈解释这件事

How am I gonna explain this to my parents?

天呐 我又大舌头了

Oh, my God. My lisp is back!

20 秒了

20 seconds.

快跑 快跑

Just run! Run!

杰森

Jason!

开门

Open the door!

杰森 开门啊

Jason! Open the door!

你♥他♥妈♥开门啊

Open the fucking door!

哇哦

Whoa!

哇哦 好的 好的

Whoa, okay! Okay!

等下 我没进来 我没进来

Hold on! I'm not in! I'm not in! I'm not in!
我进了

I'm in.

-干杯 -干杯

-Cheers! -Cheers!

你真是疯狂的混♥蛋♥

You are a crazy son of a bitch.

你知道的 对吗

You know that, right?

我其实并不知道

I didn't, actually.

我肯定当时我的血压爆表了

I'm sure my blood pressure was through the roof.

但这是值得的 莫负好时光

But it was worth it. Good times!

各位 我不知道...

Guys, I can't...

我真不知道该如何表达对你们的谢意

I literally can't thank you enough for what you just did.

It was...

远不是勇敢和忠诚能形容的

So above and beyond and brave and loyal,


我永远感激你们

I am indebted to you forever.

-不用 -你太客气了

-No, you're not. -Well, you're very welcome.

要知道

You know.

动用了一组人马 但搞定了

Takes a team, but it's done.

全都搞定了

All taken care of.

好的

Okay.

我要再来一杯 你们呢

I'm gonna have another. Anybody else?

-好啊 -是啊 来吧

-I would love that. -Yeah, let's do that.

好啊 但这次我能来半杯吗

But could I just get a half this time?

他另外半杯我来

I'll take his half.

我们都要双份

We'll all have doubles.


没关系 我能喝

No, no, no, it's okay. I can drink.

你不用担心

It's a thing about me.

对了 你们都叫什么来着

Now, what are your names, again?

我绝不想不认识你们

I never wanna not know you.

我是杰森 我为你工作了一年

I'm Jason. I've worked for you for, like, a year.

我送过东西到你家

I've delivered things to your home.

我见过马特好多次了

I met Matt a bunch of times.

我以前给你女儿系过鞋带

I've tied your daughter's shoe before.

我知道你是谁 我只是记名字很差

I know who you are. I'm just terrible with names.

没关系 我叫杰森

It's all right. It's Jason.

你新来的 对吗

You're new, right?


没错 我是戴维斯 我和本同一天开始上班

Yeah. I'm Davis. I started work the same day as Ben.

我们差不多是好朋友 他是我的导师

We're pretty much besties, and I'm his mentee.

Oh.

比如他送我了这条领带

He gave me this tie, for example.

本来是他的 很复古

It was his. It's vintage.

很复古

"Vintage."

我喜欢 我喜欢打领带的男人

I like it. I like men in ties.

-你是路易斯 -是的

-And you're Lewis. -Yes.

当时我在电♥话♥里头能听到一点

Yeah, I could hear a little bit over the phone.

你当时在压力下非常冷静啊

You were very cool under pressure.

这是我第一次盗窃

Well, it was my first heist.


我试图冷静 多谢关注

I tried to be chill. Thanks for noticing.

干杯

Salud!

男孩们 我能说的...

Boys, what can I say...

抱歉 我不是有意把你们叫成男孩们

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to call you "boys."

没人再称呼男人们为男士们

Nobody calls men "men" anymore.

你们注意到了吗

Have you noticed?

女人们从姑娘们被叫成女士们

Women went from "girls" to "women."

男人们从男士们被叫成男孩们

Men went from "men" to "boys"?

在大环境下这是个问题

This is a problem in the big picture.

-你们懂我意思吗 -懂

-Do you know what I mean? -Yeah.

我要再来一杯

I'm gonna have another.


再来一杯 你确定

Another? You sure about that?

Hey!

确定 好了 我是这么认为的

Okay. Here's my theory about this.

我们都成长于

We all grew up during

带上你的女儿去上班时期 对吗

the "Take Your Daughter to Work Day" thing, right?

Mmm-hmm.

因此我们总被告知我们无所不及

So we were always told we could be anything,

无所不能

do anything.

我觉得男的或许没被忽视

And I think guys got, maybe not left behind,

但并没被好好培养 知道吗

but not quite as nurtured, you know?

我意思是我们那一代宣扬的是

I mean, like, we were the generation of,


上吧 姑娘

"You go, girl."

当时我们有欧普拉

We had Oprah.

我有时好奇男的是怎么适应的 知道吗

And I wonder sometimes how guys fit in, you know?

他们似乎还在试图搞明白

They still seem to be trying to figure it out.

他们还是穿得像小男孩

They're still dressing like little boys.

他们还是在玩电子游戏

They're still playing video games.

他们变得很棒 所以...

Well, they've gotten great. So...

我爱电子游戏

Love video games.

-嗯 -天呐

-Mmm. -Oh, boy.

这一代怎么

How, in one generation,

没了像杰克·尼尔森

have men gone from guys like


和哈里森·福特这样的男人 还有...

Jack Nicholson and Harrison Ford to...

看看本吧 就在这

Take Ben, here.

一个快消失的种类 知道吗

A dying breed. You know?

看着点学着点 男孩们

Look and learn, boys,

因为要我说 这才是男人

because if you ask me, this is what cool is.

谢谢 高手 你不会再喝了 对吗

Thanks, Ace. You're not gonna drink anymore, right?

你叫我高手

Callin' me "Ace"?

超棒哦 对吗

That's just super cool, right?

-绝对棒 -很棒

-Definitely. -Very cool.

好了 我真的有点晕

Okay, I am officially a little dizzy.

抱歉我长篇大论了一番

I apologize for the tirade.


我要走了

I am gonna go.

但我永远欠你们一个人情 先生们

But I am forever in your debt, gentlemen.

又一个人们再也不用的词

Another word which is never used anymore.

我们来恢复吧

Let's bring it back, shall we?

好的

Yes.

本 我会叫优步回家

Ben, I'll be Ubering home.

-再次感谢 -哇哦

-Thanks again. -Whoa!

好吧

Okay.

真抱歉

I'm so sorry.

别担心

Don't worry.

我现在没事了

I'm fine now.


好的 没事了 没事了

Okay. It's okay, it's okay.

我大学开始就没那么喝过了

Oh, I haven't done that since college.

谢谢

Thank you.

天呐

Oh, man.

很抱歉让你看到这副模样

Very sorry you had to see that.

-真丢人 -没事

-Humiliating. -It's all good.

你感觉好点了吗

Feeling better?

好点了

Yeah.

好点了 我忘了喝酒前得吃东西

Yeah, I forgot you gotta eat before you drink.

我现在没事了

I'm good now.

谢谢

Thank you.
我一会儿就走

I'll be leaving in a minute.

我这样子就是在

Just working on making this

让你经历最糟的一天

the worst possible day for you.

完全没有 你经历了压力重大的一天

No, not at all. You've had a stressful day.

你怎么总能设法

How is it that you always manage

说到点子上...

to say the right thing,

做事得当 为人合拍

do the right thing, be the right thing?

不可思议

It's uncanny.

-你好好休息 -会的

-You get some rest. -I will.

谢谢你所做的一切

Thanks for everything.

对了

Oh.
还有...

And, uh...

再见

Sayonara.

当然了

Absolutely.

你能来真是太好了

Really so nice of you to do this.

大多数女人会直接改期

Most women would have just rescheduled.

别担心 我理解

Oh, not to worry. I understand.

-出乎意料 -嗯

-It was unexpected. -Yeah.

-谢谢 -谢谢

-Thank you. -Thank you.

不客气

You're welcome.

-嗨 -哦 进来吧

-Hi. -Oh. Come on in.

-你先 -好吧

-I'll go in after you. -All right.


本吉 你把人约来葬礼约会

Benji, you brought a date to a funeral.

太假了

Unreal.

我们原本另有计划 谁知道出了这种事

We had plans. Who knew this was gonna happen?

你好吗 我是迈尔斯

Well, how do you do? I'm Miles.

你好 我是菲欧娜 节哀顺变

Hello. Fiona. I'm so sorry for your loss.

谢谢 亲爱的

Oh, thank you, dear.

我从没去过犹太葬礼

I never went to a shiva before.

搞笑部分很精彩

The laughter was wonderful.

我觉得我以前没吃过那么多

I don't think I've ever eaten more.

我都不知道自己走时还拿着一盒饼干

I'm not even sure how I left with a box of cookies.

你很受欢迎

Well, you were a big hit.


给遗孀做背部按♥摩♥ 讨人喜欢的做法

Giving the widow that back massage, winning move.

是啊 她正需要

Oh, yeah. She needed it.

我真心觉得头一次约会

I definitely think it's a good idea

去葬礼是个好主意

to take all first dates to a funeral. Yeah.

真的 很能活跃气氛 你不觉得吗

A real icebreaker, don't ya think?

我知道你在开玩笑 但说真的

I know you're kidding,

谁会要吃饭约会时的紧张感

but, honestly, who needs the strain of the dinner date?

以及你为什么不结婚这种对话

And the "Why aren't you married?" conversation.

我们这年纪甚至不可能说得完

At our age, it's not even possible to catch up.

我能 10 秒做完自我介绍

Well, I can do me in 10 seconds.

-准备好没 -准备好了

-You ready? -Yep.


我是个鳏夫 有一个儿子 两个孙辈

Widower, one son, two grandkids.

我的人生都用在了造电♥话♥薄上

Spent my life manufacturing phone books,

现已不再供职

which no longer serve a purpose.

我最近在当一名实习生 很开心

I'm currently working as an intern, having a ball.

最好的消息是

And the best news is,

我喜欢上了一个我在工作上遇到的姑娘

I have a crush on a girl I met at work.

我对你丧偶表示遗憾

I'm sorry you lost your wife.

好了

Okay.

我离婚了

Divorced.

有三个漂亮女儿

Three beautiful daughters.

一个孙辈 是男孩 快出生了

One grandchild, a boy, on the way.


几年前我病了 我现在好了

I was sick a few years back. I'm not anymore.

我是电子商务公♥司♥的一名按♥摩♥师

I'm an in-house e-commerce masseuse.

热爱自己的工作

Love my job.

我最终遇见了一个

And I finally met a man

我真正想交往的男人

I actually wanna hang outwith.

我真幸运

Lucky me.

Morning.

嘿 伙计 你看上去不是很好

Hey, buddy, you don't look so great.

是啊 我知道

Yeah, I know.

但相信我 我看上去比实际感觉要好

But believe me, I look better than I feel.

-你昨晚看洋基队了吗 -他们表现很棒

-Did you see the Yankees last night? -They were on fire.
好样的

Oh, man.

得吃点东西

Gotta get somethin' in your stomach.

宝贝 宝贝 宝贝

Honey, honey, honey.

上学之前你能吃个一口吗

Can you please take one bite before school?

-好吗 就一口 -嘿

-Please? Just one bite? -Hey.

嘿 小朋友 你哭什么呢

What's with the waterworks, little one?

我刚跟她说

I just told her

保姆得带她去

that the sitter's gonna have to take her

玛蒂的生日派对 因为马特病了

to Maddie's birthday party because Matt's feeling sick.

但我不想和保姆去

But I don't wanna go with the sitter.

Ben?
你能带我去吗

Can you take me?

拜托了

Please?

哦 宝贝

Oh, honey?

抱歉 但本今天得上班

I'm so sorry, but Ben's gotta go to work today.

朱尔斯 行了 就一个小时 让我带她去吧

Jules. Come on. It will take an hour. Let me take her.

我真不敢相信我们还在说这事

I can't believe we're still going through this.

我没开错 请给我点信任

I'm going the right way. Please have a little trust.

但派对所在的公园是...

But the park where the party is...

抱歉 本

Oh, sorry, Ben.

实际上 这个就是

Actually, this is it.

你真是克隆版朱尔斯

--You're like a clone.


天呐 看上去是个不错的派对

Oh, boy. This looks like a nice party.

是的

Yeah, it does.

那么哪一个人是玛蒂

So which one is Maddie?

粉色衣服的那个

The one in the pink.

好的 粉色衣服的那个

Okay. The one in the pink.

你可以去和别的妈妈坐一块儿 好吗

You can go sit with the other moms, okay?

好的 你想送玛蒂一份礼物吗

Okay. You wanna give Maddie her present?

好的

Yeah.

好的

Okay.

玩得开心

Have fun.

别的妈妈

The other moms.


弗雷普里诺什么的

Freprino or something.

是啊 我知道 我一个也不认识

Yeah, I know. I don't know any of them.

-嗨 我是本 -嗨 我是简

-Hi. I'm Ben. -Hi. Jane.

-简 -我是艾米丽

-Jane. -Emily.

嗨 艾米丽 今天马特和朱尔斯

Hi, Emily. I'm helping Matt and Jules out today.

-哦 你是马特的爸爸吗 -不是

-Oh, are you Matt's dad? -No, no.

我给朱尔斯工作

I work for Jules.

Oh.

没问题吧

That's okay?

我只是听说她有点严苛

I've just heard she's, you know, kinda tough.

严苛 朱尔斯 当然 她可不好对付

Tough? Jules? Sure. She's a total badass.


我猜她这样才成了动♥*♥态♥*♥网♥络热点

I guess that's how she became an Internet sensation.

一定让你们感到骄傲吧

Must make you guys proud, huh?

你们女人中的一员每天在外奔波

One of your own out there every day,

碰撞科技世界的顶端

crashing the glass ceiling of the tech world.

所以 要为她喝彩称赞 对吗

So, bravo, good for her. Right?

是啊 当然

Yeah. No, for sure.

怎么了 孩子

What's up, kiddo?

我感觉不舒服

I don't feel good.

不舒服 想坐我腿上吗

You don't? Do you wanna sit on my lap?

要知道 她要是病了 她也许不该来这里

You know, if she's sick, she probably shouldn't be here.

人好多 佩吉 你想上路吗

Tough crowd, Paigey. You wanna hit the road?


是离开的意思吗

Does that mean "leave"?

我恐怕是的

Afraid so.

我用自己的小眼睛侦察到了蓝色的东西

I spy with my little eye something... Blue!

-是我们边上的车吗 -不是

-Is it the car next to us? -No.

是狗链吗

Is it that dog leash?

不是

No.

呃 天空吗

Uh, is it the sky?

是的 猜对一个

Yes! You got one.

-该你了 本 -好的

-Your turn, Ben. -Okay.

哦 我想到个不错的

Oh, I have a good one.

我用自己的小眼睛侦察到了绿色的东西

I spy with my little eye something green.


树吗

Is it that tree?

不是

Nope.

是那扇前门吗

Is it that front door?

那算是绿色

Well, it's kinda green.

是吗 本

Is it, Ben?

是那扇前门吗

Is it that front door?

是的 宝贝 真聪明

Yeah, it is, honey. Good girl.

非常感谢 本

Thanks so much, Ben.

嘿 来厨房♥

Hey, come on in the kitchen.

在你上路前 我能给你弄点东西吗

Can I get you something before you hit the road?

想喝杯咖啡还是吃点东西

Want a cup of coffee or a bite to eat?


不用 谢谢

No, I'm good, thanks.

好的 她怎么样 给你惹麻烦了吗

Okay. How was she? She give you any trouble?

她非常乖

She was perfect.

她在派对上感觉不是很舒服

She wasn't feeling so great at the party,

所以我们提前离开了

so we left early,

她在车上直接睡着了

and she just fell asleep in the car,

所以我让她小睡了会儿

so I let her get a nap in.

你真是太好了 谢谢

So nice of you. Thank you.

抱歉

Sorry.

看你看手♥机♥的样子你似乎好多了

Well, you seem like you're feeling more with it.

是啊 是啊

Oh, yeah, yeah.


我猜我只是需要一点休息时间

Um, I guess I just needed a little downtime.

要知道 又或许我病得根本没那么厉害 我不清楚

You know, or maybe I wasn't even that sick, I don't know.

嘿 本 我有事想问

Hey, Ben, I got somethin' I wanted to ask.

首席执行官这事你是什么看法

What's your whole take on the CEO thing?

我意思是你比我更了解

I mean, you're more on the inside than I am.

我知道朱尔斯试图让所有人称心

I know Jules is tryin' to do right by everybody,

投资者 公♥司♥

the investors, the company.

You.

她肩上的担子很多

She's got a lot on her shoulders.

那压力无法想像

The pressure is unbelievable.

我希望这事能成 是我错了吗

Am I wrong that I want it to happen?


我是说我想要她所想要的

I mean, I want what she wants,

但你知道这里的情况

but you know what it's like around here.

我们不常见到她 这事成了或许能解决这问题

We don't see her enough, and maybe this can fix that.

马特 一个首席执行官会解决这里的问题

The CEO's gonna fix what's going on here, Matt?

无聊她什么决定 我只是...

Whatever she decides, I just...

我希望对她有益 我想她快乐

I want it to be good for her. I want her to be happy.

当然

Of course.

那是她应得的

She deserves that.

是啊 确实是她应得的

Yeah, she does deserve it.

-嗨 艾米 -嘿 本

-Hi, Amy. -Hey, Ben.

本杰明 你觉得如何 在易趣动♥*♥态♥*♥网♥找到的

Benjamin, what do you think? I found it on eBay.


你说得没错 真是经典

You were right. Total classic.

这很棒 孩子

It's awesome, kid.

还有更多

And many more.

派对怎么样

-So how did it go? -

你的孩子很棒 朱尔斯

Well, you have a great kid, Jules.

-她很可爱 -哦

-She's adorable. -Aw.

谢谢你帮忙

Thank you so much for doing that.

那么 我们明天去旧金山 你兴奋吗

So you excited about our trip to San Francisco tomorrow?

-你没事吧 -没事

-Are you okay? -Yeah.

我希望你没得马特的病

Oh, I hope you don't have what Matt has.

没有

I don't.
-你确定 -确定

-You sure? -Positive.

那是什么

What's that?

降血压的 我每天都吃

Blood pressure. I take it every day.

-你确定你没事吗 -是的

-Are you sure you're okay? -Yeah.

你看上去不在状态 你满脸通红

You don't look like you. You're all flushed.

你为什么不去找按♥摩♥师菲欧娜

Why don't you go see Fiona, the masseuse,

放松一下

and just chill a little.

怎么了

What's up?

哇哦 本 你没事吧

Whoa, Ben, you okay?

你看上去有点功能失调啊

You seem to be slightly malfunctioning.

贝姬 你觉得他看上去正常吗

Becky. Does he look right to you?


好了 谢谢 我觉得我没事

Okay. Thank you. I think we're good here.

我还有很多工作要做 我一切都好

Got a lot of work to do. It's all good.

是他的脸色不正常吗

Is it his coloring?

天呐 你们都疯了 我 100%正常

Oh, my God, you're all nuts. I'm 100%.

孩子们 干活去吧 大日子 很多事要做

Let's move on, kids. Big day. Lots to do.

好吧

Okay.

本 要是我给你太多事做了

Ben, if I am giving you too much to do

或是让你工作太辛苦了

or working you too hard,

请不要觉得你非和我

please do not feel that you have to go with me

去旧金山不可

to San Francisco.

朱尔斯 我这年纪的人有时会感到疲劳

Jules, people my age get tired sometimes.


就是这样

That's all this is.

你感到疲劳

You're tired?

所以你进来后

That's why you haven't looked at me once

就没看过我

since I came over here?

我在看你了

I'm looking at you.

朱尔斯

Jules.

-卡梅隆来电♥话♥了 -好的

-Cameron's on the phone. -Okay.

要是你今晚感觉不舒服或...

Like, if you don't feel better tonight or late...

我是要说我能一个人去 好吗

I'm just saying I can go by myself. Okay?

我是个大姑娘了 不会有事的

I'm a big girl. I'll be fine.

好了 说真的 本 怎么了

Okay, seriously, Ben, what is it?


要知道 我是个敏感的男人

You know, I'm a sensitive man.

大家并不这么看我

People don't think that about me.

我看上去不像 但我确实如此

I don't look it, but I am.

在你十分欣赏的那类男性形象之下

Under all this man stuff that you so admire...

我只是一团糟而已

...I'm just a big bowl of mush.

我知道

I know that.

好的

Okay.

就这样

That's it?

这就是你失常了 24 小时的原因

That's what 24 hours of crazy comes to?

你是一个敏感且情感脆弱的人

That you're a sensitive bowl of mush?

朱尔斯

Jules.

Ben.

朱尔斯 我们这是干嘛 我们既不上班

Jules, what are we doing here? We got the day off.

又在头等舱旅行

We're traveling in first-class.

我们至少欢乐点吧

Let's at least have a little fun.

可以

Now that I can do.

我不相信我说过那个

I can't believe I'm saying that,

但最后一次还是发生了

but that's what happened the last time.

但他没有看到它的到来

But he didn't see it coming.

充满

Full on!

听者 我才不相信

Look, I couldn't believe it.

爸爸 淋浴的目的

Dad, aim for the shower.


如果被卡住了 就...

If you get stuck, just...

跟着他们 一起

Catch them. And with that,

婚礼司仪转过来对我说

the wedding planner turns to me and goes,

嘿 你婚戒带了吗

"Hey, do you have the rings?"

女士们 先生们

Ladies and gentlemen,

我们开始降落之际

as we start our descent,

请确保你们的座椅靠背和托盘桌

please make sure your seat backs and tray tables

已完全回归垂直位置

are in their full, upright positions,

所有随身行李放在了

and all carry-on luggage

你们的前方座椅下面

is stowed under the seat in front of you.

你没事吗

You Okay?
没事

Yeah.

只是在想明天要见这个

Just thinking, tomorrow I meet the guy

会当我上司的人了

who may become my boss kinda.

很多人都有上司 对吗

I mean, a lot of people have bosses, right?

大多数人都有上司

Most people have bosses.

朱尔斯 这简单

Jules, it's simple.

要是你觉得汤森德对你有益

If you think Townsend is gonna be good for you

对公♥司♥有益 那就去做 如果不是...

and good for the company, then do it. And if not...

没错 正因为我大老远过来...

Exactly. Just because I came all the way here...

没错 并不代表什么

Right. Doesn't mean anything.

我同意

I agree.
要是我一小时前喝了两杯酒

Do you think I can take a Xanax

你觉得我能吃片阿普唑仑吗

if I had two glasses of wine an hour ago?

我会再等几个小时吃

Well, I'd wait another couple hours.

着陆前我都会吃 现在没事了

It's a thing I do before I land. We're good now.

-朱尔斯 你听见没 -是我

-Jules, you hear that? -Yeah.

啊哈 听见了 我起来了

Uh-huh. I hear it. I'm up.

-你没事吧 -这个警报

-Are you okay? -This alarm going off

是关于这个人的不好征兆

is not a good omen about this guy.

这是个预兆 本

It's a sign, Ben.

我非常肯定这不是

Oh, I'm pretty sure it's not.

所以你还没吃阿普唑仑

So you haven't taken a Xanax, yet?


你叫我等几个小时

You told me to wait a few hours.

你旅行带自己睡袍

You travel with your own robe?

是啊

Yeah.

女士们 先生们

Ladies and gentlemen,

一个房♥间里的烟雾警报被触发了

a smoke alarm went off in one of the rooms,

但问题已被处理

but the problem has been taken care of.

我们真心抱歉

Our sincerest apologies.

100 个人 2 部电梯

Oh, yeah. 100 people, two elevators.

绝对是个预兆

Definitely a sign.

谢谢护送我回来

Well, thanks for escorting me back.

Mmm-hmm.
想看看我房♥间吗

You wanna see my room?

不错

Oh, nice.

我是说你想不想进来

I mean, do you actually wanna come in?

我有茶壶 我们可以喝茶或...

I have a tea kettle. We could have tea or...

明天的事我紧张得离谱

I'm ridiculously nervous about tomorrow.

你能躺下

You can lie down.

我知道你累了 我会坐椅子上

I know you're tired. I'll sit in the chair.

Here you go.

我当你会坐椅子上

I thought you were gonna sit in a chair?

请让我待在这 我也得躺下

Please let me be here. I need to lie down, too.

我们不用谈工作之类的事

We don't have to talk about work or anything.


好吧 我们该谈什么

All right. What should we talk about?

婚姻

Marriage?

跟我说说你老婆

Will you tell me about your wife?

她很棒 对吗

She was great, right?

是的

She was.

她的名字是莫丽

Molly was her name.

她是名中学校长

She was a middle school principal.

深受喜爱

Beloved.

好棒哦 很长的一段婚姻

So perfect. Long marriage?

不够长

Not long enough.

42 年

42 years.
哇哦 那是什么感觉

Wow. What was that like?

你知道人们所说的白头偕老吗

You know when people say they wanna grow old together?

-嗯 -我们就是

-Mmm-hmm. -Well, we did that.

我们 20 岁时相遇

We met when we were 20.

那时我 20 她 19

Well, I was 20. She was 19.

了不起的是她从未改变

And what was amazing is, she never really changed.

这是很难办到的一件事

That's a hard thing to pull off.

生活对她来说易如反掌

She handled life like it was easy.

一直如此

Always.

即便是在困难的时候

Even when it wasn't.

天呐 我好羡慕

God, I envy that.


你饿吗

Are you hungry?

我有小熊软糖 巧克力豆 品客薯片

We have gummy bears, chocolate chips, Pringles.

好咧 我都拿来好了

Yup. I'm just gonna bring the whole thing.

你知道那些东西每样差不多 15 美元吧

You know those are, like, 15 bucks each?

本杰明 我经营的是一家很大的互联动♥*♥态♥*♥网♥公♥司♥

Benjamin, I run a very big Internet company.

我们就任性一次

Let's go crazy.

好的

Okay.

那么...

So...

那么...

So...

是啊 那么...

Yeah, SO...

我跟你说件怪异的事

I got a weird one for you.


马特出轨了

Matt is cheating on me.

等下 你知道这事

Wait a minute. You know about this?

那是什么意思

What does that mean?

等下 你知道这事

Wait, you know about this?

我看到他们在一起

I saw them together.

天呐 什么时候

Oh, my God, when?

昨天

Yesterday.

抱歉

I'm sorry.

我不当心看到的 但我确实看到了

I mean, it was an accident that I saw them, but I did.

昨天

Yesterday.

那么他们还在继续

Then it is still going on.


你知道多久了

How long have you known?

好像 18 天吧

For, like, 18 days.

她是佩吉学校的一个妈妈

She's a mom at Paige's school.

这事我还是很难接受

It's still so hard for me to grasp.

我当时在厨房♥做三明治

I was in the kitchen making sandwiches,

他的手♥机♥就在那里

and his phone was there.

他和佩吉在楼上

He was upstairs with Paige,

他收到好多短♥信♥

and he was getting all these text messages.

我不知道为什么 但我看了短♥信♥

And I don't know why, but I read them.

糟透了

It was not good.

他知道你知道吗

Does he know you know?


不知道

No.

因为 说实话 我还没准备好处理这事

'Cause, honestly, I'm not ready to deal with it.

我不想让自己太混乱

I would like to be a little less devastated,

如果可能的话

if that is possible.

这是典型事件 不是吗

It's classic, though, isn't it?

成功的妻子

The successful wife.

丈夫觉得自己的男子气概被危及到了

The husband feels like his manhood is threatened,

所以他出轨了

so he acts out.

女朋友 我猜

Girlfriend, I guess,

让他感觉更像一个男人

makes him feel more like a man.

有时我不确定我知道要怎么做

Sometimes I'm not sure I know how to do that.


慢着 慢着 慢着 等下 等下

Hold on, hold on, hold on. Wait, wait, wait.

你可不会因此而责备自己 对吧

You're not actually taking the rap for any of this, are you?

不会

No! No, no.

他才是做错事的那个

He is the one doing something wrong.

我明白

I get that.

一夫一妻之类的不是我所追求的

Monogam-ish is not what I'm after.

我只是...有那么一小会儿...

I'm just... I'm taking a sec,

希望那只是

and I'm hoping that it's just

一个严重的误判 而不是爱

a horrible lapse in judgment and not, like, love.

等他一旦想通

And once he moves through this,

我们最终会重归于好

we will eventually be able to be okay again.


你对此什么看法

What do you think about that?

显然你不觉得这是可能的事

Clearly you don't think that's a possible thing.

-这很不寻常 -我知道

-It would be unusual. -I get that.

我知道不是每个人都能那么做 但...

I get not everybody could do that,

他们不是我们

but everybody's not us.

我对我们有信心是因为...

I have faith in us

我相信他还爱我

because I believe he still loves me.

要知道 我们经历了这么多...

And, you know, we've been going through so much that...

天呐 我真希望你的表情别如此明显

God, I wish your expressions weren't so transparent.

有些夫妻确实幸免于这种事

Some couples do survive these things,

要知道 我谷歌♥过...

you know. I Googled it,


婚外情之后仍在一起

"Staying together after the affair."

很多夫妻都还是在一起

And a lot of couples, I mean, a lot stay together.

总之 有一定道理的是

And anyway, there is something to be said

想通它

about moving through it

专注于我们自己而不是婚外情

and focusing on us and not on the affair.

我不想放弃他

I don't wanna give up on him.

我了解他 我知道他更清楚

I know him, and I know he knows better.

但我只是一个人

But I am only human,

我对他很生气

and I am so mad at him.

要知道 很多事在我们身上发生得太快

You know, so much has happened to us so fast.

我觉得 有一部分的我甚至在期待这种事

I think part of me was even expecting this.


要知道 我们刚开始时

Like, you know, he was the more successful one

他是更为成功的那个

when we started out.

不 我不知道

No, I didn't know that.

他是的 他当时前途无量

Yeah, he was. He was a rising star.

而他辞职了 好让我创业

And he bowed out so that I could do this.

他很了不起

He was amazing.

那都是他的主意

It was all his idea.

我肯定这就是我为什么甚至在考虑

I'm sure that's why I'm even considering

首席执行官这事的原因

this whole CEO thing,

我在想或许别人进来

thinking maybe someone else coming in

会帮助我的生活重回正轨

will help me get my life back on track.


好了 可以了 我不喜欢做女权主义者

Okay, that's it. I hate to be the feminist here,

在我们两个之间

between the two of us,

但你应该干一番巨大的事业

but you should be able to have a huge career

做你自己 而不是不得不

and be who you are without having to accept that

去接受你丈夫的婚外情 来当做某种回报

your husband is having an affair as some kinda payback.

-对极了 -我说真的

-Right on. -I mean it.

我也是 但生活就是如此 我的朋友

Me, too. But such is life, my friend.

并不是 并不是总是如此

No, it isn't. Not always.

我不确定我会如此宽容

And I'm not so sure I'd be so forgiving.

我没那么宽容

I am not so forgiving.

我是在说我可以去宽容

I'm saying that I could potentially be forgiving.


但别认为我感觉不到心中的滋味

But don't think that I don't feel what's going on here.

那感觉叫心碎

It's crushing.

当我想到佩吉时...

And when I think of Paige...

哦 别这样 哦

Oh, don't. Oh...

还有 要是我们离婚了 他会再婚

Also, if we got divorced, he'd remarry.

也许不是娶这个姑娘 但总会娶人

Maybe not to this girl, but someone.

我们两个都清楚我不容易再婚

And we both know I'm not easy.

所以我可能单身一辈子

So I could be, like, single forever,

那就意味着...

which means that...

请原谅 但这想法

Forgive me, but this does keep me up

让我在午夜睡不着

in the middle of the night.


什么

What?

我不想被葬无所伴

That I don't wanna be buried alone.

佩吉会跟她的丈夫

Paige'll be with her husband,

马特会跟他的新家庭

and Matt'll be with his new family,

而我只会有陌生人陪葬

and I will be buried with strangers.

我会被葬在墓地的单身

I will buried in the strangers singles section

陌生人区

of the cemetery.

这并不是要待在一起的理由

Not that, that is a reason to stay together.

但这就是个可怕的连带后果

But it's just, you know, a scary sidebar.

现在别想这事了

Let's take that one off your plate right now.

你可以被葬在我和莫丽那儿

You can be buried with me and Molly.


我恰好还有空间 好吗

I happen to have space, okay?

Oh.

非常感谢 真是...

Thank you so much. That is...

我之前甚至都不想聘用你

And to think I didn't even wanna hire you.

我唯一一次没带手帕

The one time I don't have my hanky.

你想...

You wanna

看电视吗

watch TV?

就看一会儿

Just for a few minutes?

当然

Yeah, sure, I would.

即便计划好的整合已经...

Even though the planned merger has...

机场 麻烦了

Airport, please.
那么 我们喜欢他吗

So did we like him?

他都说得很正确

He said all the right things.

他说没人像我一样了解合身动♥*♥态♥*♥网♥

He said that no one knows About The Fit like me.

所以他不想去除这家公♥司♥的灵魂

That he doesn't wanna remove the soul of the company.

他说他还没有计划

He said that he doesn't have a plan.

他想观察我们 看看什么可行

He wants to watch us and see what works.

他彬彬有礼 恭恭敬敬 智慧非凡

He was polite and respectful and super smart.

我聘用了他

And I hired him.

真的吗

Seriously?

真的

Yeah.

就在房♥间里决定的

You did it right in the room?


他叫我过一晚决定 明天再谈

He told me to sleep on it and that we'd talk tomorrow,

但我说这职位是他的了

but I said the job was his.

然后我们握手言定了

We shook hands on it.

要是我们意见相左 他就是决定之人

You know, if we disagree, he's the tiebreaker?

当然了 他是首席执行官

Of course. He's the CEO.

是啊 没错

Yeah. Duh.

Hi.

Hey!

你闻上去像薄荷

You smell minty.

我刚做了薄荷茶

I just made mint tea.

-啊 -那么...

-Ah. -So...
是还是不是

Yes? No?

我决定了

I did it.

我满喜欢他的

I liked him. A lot. And, uh,

我向他提供了这个职位

I offered him the job.

哇哦 真的

Wow. Really?

真的

Yeah.

你没问题

And you're okay with it?

是啊

Yeah.

我觉得这对我们都好

I think it'll be good for us.

我们有什么真正的酒吗

Do we have any, like, real booze,

像伏特加之类的

like vodka or something?


Yeah.

对我们都好是指...

Did "good for us" mean

合身动♥*♥态♥*♥网♥还是我们

About The Fit or us?

你和我 我们

You and me, us.

我觉得要是别人能在

I figure if someone else can call

工作上做决定 那么或许...

some of the shots at work, then maybe

我们能回到 18 个月前的状态

we can get back to where we were 18 months ago.

人们说你不能把神怪放回魔瓶

They say you can't put a genie back in the bottle,

但我们能试试 对吗

but we can try, right?

Hey!

嗨 等下 你住这里

Hi. Wait, you live here?


是啊 本让我在找到地方之前先住着

Yeah, Ben's been putting me up until I can find a place.

我该让他知道你来了吗

Oh, should I let him know that you're here?

没事 我会按门铃

That's okay. I'll ring.

好的

Okay.

菲欧娜

Fiona?

朱尔斯 进来吧

Jules! Come on in.

我刚要去上班

I'm just on my way to work.

本就在里面

Ben's right in here.

我走了 你们谈

I'll let you two talk.

-再见 -嗯哼

-See ya. -Mmm-hmm.

Hi.
哇哦

Wow.

你和菲欧娜 想不到啊

You and Fiona, huh? Who knew.

她是个很棒的女子

She's a great gal.

她昨晚给了我惊喜 带了晚餐过来

She surprised me last night. She brought over dinner.

全新的开始

It's brand-new.

恭喜 我喜欢她

Congratulations. I love her.

是啊

Yeah.

今早我真的有点早 差不多

So I was ready kinda early this morning,

从 4 点开始准备的

since about 4:00.

马特和佩吉一个小时前去野外郊游了

And Matt and Paige left an hour ago for a field trip,

所以我想我过来 但愿这没问题

so I thought I'd come by. I hope that's okay.


没问题

Yeah.

我只是想说

I just wanted to say

我晚上想了想

I slept on it.

我还没打电♥话♥给汤森德 但...

I haven't called Townsend yet, but

我仍然觉得这么做是正确的

I still feel like it's the right thing to do.

好吧

Well...

我自己睡得不太好

I didn't sleep so well myself.

You might also like